Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beni can do what Morgan does. We don't even need to sign his replacement.

And the idea that Morgan needs Barry, you all have lost it. The lack of pace in the back and defensive midfield is what has had us leaking goals. Morgan has none, Barry is literally the slowest player in the league, and mixing in Morgan with a left side of Williams and Martina is the reason why our defense is so leaky.
Barry got motm against the red's on sat

A talented midfield pivot is the most important position on the park. You can't play football without one unless you have aggressive fullbacks who are lightning fast.

Nzonzi has become that for Sevilla.

That being said, he plays with a natural 'playmaker' (Banega / Nasri / and then Banega again) next to him.

A talented midfield pivot is the most important position on the park. You can't play football without one unless you have aggressive fullbacks who are lightning fast.
The thing is, what you refer to is not a normal player, you are talking about the type of player who wouldn't look twice at us or have even heard of us.

Essentially you refer to a player to dictate the play. A Pirlo, a deep lying playmaker if you will. That isn't easy to find, and even harder to get to the club when the people in charge of that struggle to even find players/managers in the world of football.

I personally think there is a split between what you say and what i say. the team does have to play as a unit and play as one, whatever the solution actually is. However watch most other teams against us this season who aren't money clubs and they can all manage what we can't. There is something there at the club far beyond a left back or a pivot, there is a deep issue that stops an entire squad of footballers playing competently and it has been there over 3 managers this season alone.

Do you know what would be good? Announcing a new signing half way through the match if we're losing one-nil.
I have been pretty critical of the club in my posts today.

but even so, what team announces their long awaited (7 months) new striker at half time in the FA Cup derby whilst losing?!

Nzonzi has become that for Sevilla.

That being said, he plays with a natural 'playmaker' (Banega / Nasri / and then Banega again) next to him.

I would sign Brozovic before Nzonzi. A far better player technically and offers much more on the ball. I'd replace Gueye too if I was in charge. He's grossly overrated by our fanbase. Our midfield is our biggest weakness. Certainly not a strength like some of our fans delude themselves into thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back