Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, what you refer to is not a normal player, you are talking about the type of player who wouldn't look twice at us or have even heard of us.

Essentially you refer to a player to dictate the play. A Pirlo, a deep lying playmaker if you will. That isn't easy to find, and even harder to get to the club when the people in charge of that struggle to even find players/managers in the world of football.

I personally think there is a split between what you say and what i say. the team does have to play as a unit and play as one, whatever the solution actually is. However watch most other teams against us this season who aren't money clubs and they can all manage what we can't. There is something there at the club far beyond a left back or a pivot, there is a deep issue that stops an entire squad of footballers playing competently and it has been there over 3 managers this season alone.

I'm not asking for anything special. It's basics. We need someone who comes deep, advances with the ball, and links defence and attack. I never see any everton player take the ball on the half turn. There are tons of decent players who massively improve our midfield. Goodness I'm not asking for much. Like 2008 Osman did what I'm asking ffs.

I would sign Brozovic before Nzonzi. A far better player technically and offers much more on the ball. I'd replace Gueye too if I was in charge. He's grossly overrated by our fanbase. Our midfield is our biggest weakness. Certainly not a strength like some of our fans delude themselves into thinking.
100% this.
Gueye kills 90% of our attacks by meandering forwards then making the complete wrong decision when he has the ball at his feet near to the opposition box.
He is also very poor with his distribution of the ball.
His redeeming quality is his hustling and harrying of opponents, but what's the point of that if you're going to proceed with gifting away possession afterwards?

Schneiderlin, crap. McCarthy, crap. Besic, crap. Rooney, crap. Keep Davies and Beningime, give Klaassen a chance and start again with another two signings on top of those.

I'd happily replace the lot.

W
No ins
2/3 out
Who knows? Whatever a lot of the fanbase think of Allardyce he's been around the block more than a few times,so doubt he'd say we are interested in player X,as it would alert other clubs that he was available.We will just have to wait for the usual Sky Sports count down.

The thing is, what you refer to is not a normal player, you are talking about the type of player who wouldn't look twice at us or have even heard of us.

Essentially you refer to a player to dictate the play. A Pirlo, a deep lying playmaker if you will. That isn't easy to find, and even harder to get to the club when the people in charge of that struggle to even find players/managers in the world of football.

I personally think there is a split between what you say and what i say. the team does have to play as a unit and play as one, whatever the solution actually is. However watch most other teams against us this season who aren't money clubs and they can all manage what we can't. There is something there at the club far beyond a left back or a pivot, there is a deep issue that stops an entire squad of footballers playing competently and it has been there over 3 managers this season alone.
Why would a player like that not come to us? We're not talking about the very best players in the world in that position who can strut around dominating every game, just a good footballer who has a variety of skills rather than just being a hard working tackler or just being a playmaker who doesn't put a shift in.

Arteta did it for us to good effect, and players like Dembele, Wijnaldum, Kante, Sissoko etc have all come to the Premier League to play for teams at best on a par with us, so why could we not get a player like that?

Why would a player like that not come to us? We're not talking about the very best players in the world in that position who can strut around dominating every game, just a good footballer who has a variety of skills rather than just being a hard working tackler or just being a playmaker who doesn't put a shift in.

Arteta did it for us to good effect, and players like Dembele, Wijnaldum, Kante, Sissoko etc have all come to the Premier League to play for teams at best on a par with us, so why could we not get a player like that?
Spurs the RS and Chelsea on a par with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back