Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely surely surely if Klaassen and Besic go we'll bring in another midfielder.

Klaassen and Besic have had next to no impact mate.

We'll only get a midfielder in if one of Schneiderlin or Gueye is getting shipped.

I'd happily see the back of Schneiderlin but it's just not gonna happen.

Our midfield options come the end of today will most likely be:

Schneiderlin
Gueye
Rooney (assuming he's going to be played deep, as he should be)
Davies
Baningime

It's a shame about McCarthy's injury but given the numbers in that position, without shipping another out then it's unlikely we'd get anyone in.

Maybe something will come up later in the day.

.....well this is it folks, the final day of the January transfer window and here’s what the newspapers are saying this morning as the remaining hours tick down;

- Everton have confirmed on their official website that pending a medical, Sandro Ramirez is set to spend the rest of the season on loan at Sevilla.

- The Times Paul Joyce has tweeted that Everton are weighing up a loan deal for Manchester City’s back-up Centre back, Eliaquim Mangala. 26 year old Mangala arrived at City 3 years ago in a deal that eventually cost £42m because of the players complicated image rights. Sky Sports sources reveal Everton are confident of tying up a deadline day deal.

- According to 4th Official, Middlesborough are looking to push through a loan deal for Everton’s 25 year old midfielder, Mohammed Besic. The Liverpool Echo say negotiations are at a preliminary stage.

- SkySportsItalia report Davy Klaassen has been given the green light to move to Serie A giants Napoli on loan. Apparently both clubs have agreed terms and the only remaining obstacle is the players image rights.

- SkySportsItalia also claim that Sevilla have reached a deal to sign Inter Milan’s Croation midfielder, Marcelo Brozovic, on loan with an option to buy for €29m. Everton have been strongly linked with Brozovic in recent days.

- The Daily Mail suggest Everton are closely monitoring Hull sensation, Jarrod Bowen, and are keen to sign the young attacking midfielder.

- Guardian journalist, David Hytner, says Everton Forward Oumar Niasse will be going nowhere in this window despite considerable interest in the player.

- Toffeeweb website quote sources in Belgium suggesting Sunderland are close to signing Everton winger David Henen on loan for the remainder of the season. The players contract expires in the summer after which he will be a free agent.

You're a star, Eggs.

OUTS this window:

Barkley, Mirallas, Lennon, Sandro, Klaassen (most likely) , Besic (most likely) McCarthy (out injured)

we have not added a single midfielder, yet shipped out 6!

it wouldn't surprise me is Schniderlin left either.

we are going to be woefully short of options AND experience if we do not at least sign 2 midfileders.

tom davies is completely out of form and is a liability at the moment.

I genuinely wonder what his motivation is... because he has been so far off the races I would be happy to put Mangala in CM above him.

El huge one has ruined today already for me, misdirection or not I am not expecting anything else then Mangala in...

Which, like in the summer is a criminal transfer window activity because we have missed the gaping holes in the squad and weakened others.

Not looking good for ol' Walshy, is it?

less than 24 hours till we can declare walsh an utter failiure then mate really.

Ramirez coming with a option for them to buy at less than 8m is pathetic btw, say he flops they wont do it, he does brilliantly then we cant ask for more or have no say on a new manager wanting to keep him etc...

6th best team in spain, best in italy after two of our flops, hmmm maybe they are actually ok players then...

btw shows how poor our foreign recruitment is, bought lots from the domestic scene, 3 from abroad, 2 we are looking at selling after less than 6 months at the club, the other has never even trained as we couldn't get a work permit... in a game becoming even more global, this is what will ultimately destroy the club if we cant fix it

I think our signings from abroad have been ok. As you say they will likely do well at their next clubs.

What it highlights to me is the need to have a coach who is both au fait with work with younger and European talents. Also having a coach that doesn't look centrally to recruitment as the solution to problems. Getting a coach who can assess what we have and get the best out of them is what's necessary.

we are going to be woefully short of options AND experience if we do not at least sign 2 midfileder..

And when you consider that we're two defeats away from getting sucked into the relegation zone, and therefore would have to fight it out with the likes of Watford, Stoke, Swansea and co. it's even more disturbing. God knows what they [EFC] are doing. Lunatics.

I'd love to hear Sam's genuine thoughts about why this team is useless.

Because the purchases he made don't fit with any rational diagnosis of our problems.

It is like going to hospital with a broken leg and hip and waking up to find them still broken but they've done a hair transplant and fixed your eyesight.

Well, he bought a striker, a winger who scores with pace and looks like we have a centre half. What else would you expect?

He obviously would like a left back to.

Do think we need something else in there tho...

But yeah, the way he has been playing, I would be more then happy for him to be shipped out.
Hi well I think getting Snides out and say Nzonzi in would be a good move. If potential deals go through we could be left with Gueye,Rooney,Davies,Baningame and Snides that is enough, but I'd just like to see Snides replaced.

I just hope to God in the summer about 85% of this squad is culled, along with the coaching staff. Start afresh, I can't put into words the apathy I feel towards these players now. Since Moyes has gone every single big moment we had under Martinez (getting Champs League qualification into our own hands, Europa League away at Kiev, two semis in his final season); every single big away game under Koeman they bottled (especially at Anfield). Honestly just get rid of them, I don't care how much they generate in fees as they are too crap and spineless to have any real value.

The way i see it, with it being January we are signing 2 more players than i expected to come in so that is a bonus.

shame 2 of them are in positions we didn't need to sign anyone in right now, with soundbites of how there is no better left back than right back martina in the world to bring in.

Welcome to everton folks, the one club that can't find a better choice than a out of position crap right back anywhere in the world, and we pay someone good money to establish this fact.

I want to believe that.... but if am honest, he seems to have solidified his position with the fat head.

he should have been out the door with Koeman for what happened in the summer....

Everything is against us ....... Even Pat Phelan, the latest Corrie bad man has been outed as an Evertonian ( must be a RS producer/writer)

And when you consider that we're two defeats away from getting sucked into the relegation zone, and therefore would have to fight it out with the likes of Watford, Stoke, Swansea and co. it's even more disturbing. God knows what they [EFC] are doing. Lunatics.

its completely perplexing if we do not get more midfield back up, after letting 6 go

as you say what on earth are we thinking.

weve just lost McCarthy for 12 months .. anymore like that and we are left with literally no midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back