Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would rather leave lookman / Vlasic / Davies /Baningime out for:

Ross, who didnt want to play for us.
Mirallas - who didnt want to play for us
Lennon - who is just average.

I don't get that personally.

I know who I would rely on in a relegation battle tho mate.

lookman/vlasic/davies and baningime have a handful of premier league minutes between them!

You would rather leave lookman / Vlasic / Davies /Baningime out for:

Ross, who didnt want to play for us.
Mirallas - who didnt want to play for us
Lennon - who is just average.

I don't get that personally.

lookman and vlasic are forwards anyways, not exactly McCarthy types

A centre midfielder who can pass and a left back were far higher priorities in my opinion.

Our problem is chance creation not finishing chances.

The thing is we would had bough a left back, and another centre mid and people would had moaned we don't have a striker to finish or any pace on the wings, or we have awful centre halfs.

I think sam would had liked a left back and also a centre mid, but i think the market can dictate who you purchase.

When Sam goes we will see an improvement.
We were terrible when Sam arrived at times we have improved slightly, but it's unfair to judge him properly until he's had this window to try and sort things out. Koeman did leave us in an awful mess with many players who just haven't worked out, some even turned on the club, some issues have been sorted and hopefully a few more will be sorted today.

I'm confused.

We have played 2 DCMs at times and have Beni, Morgan, Davies, Gana. That's not enough? We've got Rooney, Sigurdsson along with Davies, Vlasic, and Lookman who can play more advanced positions, with Walcott, Bolaisse who can play wide backed up with Vlasic and Lookman, even if they aren't traditional wingers.

That's plenty in terms of numbers.

In terms of quality, that's another story.

I know who I would rely on in a relegation battle tho mate.

lookman/vlasic/davies and baningime have a handful of premier league minutes between them!

None have played though mate who you mentioned. Kev and Barkley are the last two players i would want when my team needs people who will battle.

I'm confused.

We have played 2 DCMs at times and have Beni, Morgan, Davies, Gana. That's not enough? We've got Rooney, Sigurdsson along with Davies, Vlasic, and Lookman who can play more advanced positions, with Walcott, Bolaisse who can play wide backed up with Vlasic and Lookman, even if they aren't traditional wingers.

That's plenty in terms of numbers.

In terms of quality, that's another story.

looks like we'll be going with what weve got ..

*shudders

The thing is we would had bough a left back, and another centre mid and people would had moaned we don't have a striker to finish or any pace on the wings, or we have awful centre halfs.

I think sam would had liked a left back and also a centre mid, but i think the market can dictate who you purchase.

They'd have been wrong :)

Don't get me wrong I like having a striker and winger (though not the ones we got) but they don't solve the problem of chance creation.

Left back and passing midfielder means we have balance to the team and creates opportunities for our attackers.

Roma can't get Daley Blind... so instead they sign a left back from Sporting Lisbon ...

AGAIN.... HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!?!? Where are these available left backs coming from?!? It's unbelieveable!

cant wait for 1am tonight....

* EVENING JIM, AS YOU KNOW WE AT EVERTON WENT ALL OUT FOR LUKE SHAW, JAMIE VARDY AND LUCAS MOURA, UNFORTUNATLY WE HAD AGREED PERSONAL TERMS AND HUGE FEE'S WITH THE CLUBS BUT THEY WERE NOT WILLING TO TAKE £5 WEEKELY PAYMENTS, WE DID OUR BEST AND I WILL CONTINUE TO GIVE EVERTON ALL THAT I HAVE GOT, STEVE WALSH IS DOING A FANTASTIC JOB AND IS ALWAYS PART OF THE EVERTON FAMILY'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back