Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need more "hits" in the transfer market.

Our post-Moyes record is awful.

When you see the likes of Gabriel Jesus, Richarlison etc coming into the league and settling in straight away you have to question the logic of paying massive premiums for "PL proven" talent.

In fact had we signed those 2 players (paid for with money not spent on Siggurdsson with £10m left over for a centre back) this team would have been top 6 contenders.
Do Everton even have overseas scouting networks?

The money wasted in the summer really was eye-watering; especially when you consider how much Walsh is being paid to supposedly provide an edge in the transfer market.

Could have had Gross, Bacca, Negredo and Nasri for the grand total of £7m.

Do Everton even have overseas scouting networks?

The money wasted in the summer really was eye-watering; especially when you consider how much Walsh is being paid to supposedly provide an edge in the transfer market.

Could have had Gross, Bacca, Negredo and Nasri for the grand total of £7m.

Decent players like that always go for peanuts abroad. Becomes a different story when premiership teams try to buy them. The price to premiership teams is always at a premium

Decent players like that always go for peanuts abroad. Becomes a different story when premiership teams try to buy them. The price to premiership teams is always at a premium
I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as when a deal is between two Premier League teams, though.

That is 1 thing u'll never be able take away from moyesy, his player recruitment for us overall was brilliant, he was even a massive benefit to us at sunderland helping us clear the trash. Some people certainly benefit from having there hands tied in the window then an open cheque book, he came back to us at utd then sunderland, just waiting for a bid for jags now come january

Mariano went to Gala for 2 million euros.
Tremulinas (spelling) also left Sevilla on a free.
How much was Amavi?
Jovetic going to Monaco was a huge shock as he was linked with other clubs and now he wants out of Monaco... he wouldn't be major money.

Players out there with CHEAP release clauses

PLEASE UNSWORTH AND WALSH, DONT GO FOR SLIMANI

Last edited:

Being realistic here, for this window we should buy a striker and a centre back. Promoting Garbutt to help Baines would be ideal. A cheeky bid for Bastuayi should be on the agenda.

I'd put a bid in for Cresswell. He's been left out a couple times in the last few weeks and is decent enough to at least allow Baines a rest although I think Cresswell is better at this point

I've been really impressed with Bertrand Traore in those Lyon games against us. I see he's being linked with United in the Jan transfer window. Would love him here, pace, great movement and an eye for a pass and he knows where the net is too. Twice as good as most of the crap we bought in the summer and probably would have cost less too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back