Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that we’ll be looking at loans. The speed of the Ross deal suggests to me that Tosun was dependent on the money from Chelsea. We’ve just borrowed 13.5 from Santander which suggests that we
I wonder if that's why we didn't get a striker in the summer.

Around 30m seems to have been our budget which was the roughly what we would have got for Barkley.

Anybody else think we need another skriker along with Tosun ?

If he fits injured were back to square one

That and an urgent left back.

Too many times yesterday Cuco actually slows down the counter attack trying to shift the balance onto his right foot.

Yeah but it's amazing how one signing can be of such benefit. Especially with the way lookman & bolasie looked last night on the wings (with vlasic on the bench too). We're really not that far away from an exciting, attacking team. Just wait until Henry Onyekru (or whatever his name is) joins the pack too. COYB!

Pickford​
Coleman Keane Holgate Baines
Gana Benigime​
Bolasie Sigurdson Lookman
Tosun

An if! Yer know! Yer history!

No, not another striker, we have Tosun and the rest of the season we need to give game time to DCL/Lookman and Niasse alongside the new man, if we get another striker they will get less time, dont forget we dont actually have anything to play for so the rest of the season is about youth development

No, not another striker, we have Tosun and the rest of the season we need to give game time to DCL/Lookman and Niasse alongside the new man, if we get another striker they will get less time, dont forget we dont actually have anything to play for so the rest of the season is about youth development

Its about finishing as hig up as we can do IMO, and finding out which players, young and not so young have a future at the club, hopefully for a new manager to gauge better from being able to study them

Plus about £2.5m per position in league.

He's not though. He is a player who is supposed to break up play and then give it simple, 5 yard passes and the like. More of an engine to the team than anything else. He does that well but nobody else whats to take any responsibility when it comes to the other stuff. McCarthy is similar. Our players have got to stop hiding from the ball when we are in possession.

The issue we have had for a long time now is that when we do get possession, no-one moves. Under koeman they all occupied the same space on the pitch and even now, when we get the ball we never have an outlet. I'm not talking hoof it to tosun or lewen but like last night Sig had it half way line and just turned around and lost it. That's the difference between us and the good teams, sigg turns and plays it forward to a player and we then are on the attack. Far too much players just lose possession when they have it or we just give the ball away so sloppily.

Compare us to city for example. Yes they are better than us and I don't mean it in the sense we should be winning 5-0 every week. What I mean is when one of them have the ball they know who to pass it to and where they will be. Makes them attack so efficiently because they train on that every week. Barca at their extreme knew it 3 passes in advance! If Rooney or siggurdson or whoever got the ball and had (and knew) where the winger was going, where the player behind him was pushing to, what channel to play the striker in etc then we would be much more effective. Instead we don't have that and the players you expect to push up are actually holding their position behind the ball expecting it to come back at them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back