Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the odds are pretty good the reason we haven't heard anything about LB yet is because our Target isn't available yet. Namely, Luke Shaw. He's been given a run out by Man U, and they aren't willing to let him go until they get a replacement. But they are trying to get in a top LB, so then hes surplus.

This, we should only go for one more player, a left back, and save any more money till the summer, but still try and shift as much as we can within reason, such as McCarthy, Lennon, Sandro, Klassen and Besic.

Get some money in, then have a bigger summer. Next season we shouldnt be Europe so wont need a massive squad like we have now, just add a few big quality players

I understand where you are coming from and wish we could pull that off, problem will be these two things don’t tend to work in tandem..... There are too many clubs with money for us to count on money alone.

I understand where you are coming from and wish we could pull that off, problem will be these two things don’t tend to work in tandem..... There are too many clubs with money for us to count on money alone.

This is true but look at Tosun, we got him the day the season was over, the Premier League itself can be the drawn even if you are outsid the CL spots

This, we should only go for one more player, a left back, and save any more money till the summer, but still try and shift as much as we can within reason, such as McCarthy, Lennon, Sandro, Klassen and Besic.

Get some money in, then have a bigger summer. Next season we shouldnt be Europe so wont need a massive squad like we have now, just add a few big quality players

The problem is the club/Walsh is not that competent in the transfer market- leaving it till the summer may mean we end up with no one decent. We should be buying good players as soon as we get an opportunity

The problem is the club/Walsh is not that competent in the transfer market- leaving it till the summer may mean we end up with no one decent. We should be buying good players as soon as we get an opportunity

This... nobody likes buying in January because it apparaently costs more. If good players want a move to play in the WC then we should pay the extra just to ensure we get them. Waiting till summers means that players and managers know there are months of time to see what moves they can get and we end up losing out. We over pay for our players anyway so might as well go into a negotiation being the only team willing to buy

Precisely...punt as many as we can and just get a left back.

Then in summer Centre back / Centre mid / Right mid / Striker

Try and find a super player in each of those positions and get as many of the 4 in as possible.

If all not possible don't waste cash on dross...just wait till the next window.

...approximately one quarter way through and here’s the rumours for day 8 of the January transfer window;

- According to The Daily Mirror, Crystal Palace are planning a renewed bid for Everton striker Oumar Niasse having failed to land the player in the summer.

- The Mirror also claim that Everton’s pursuit of Steven N’Zonzi from Sevilla has stalled, hence the interest in Watford midfielder, Abdoulaye Dacoure.

- Calciomercato.com report Everton are stepping up their interest in Celtic striker, Moussa Dembele.

- Sunday’s edition of A Bola says Everton and Leicester are both keen on Benfica’s Rafael Silva. Benfica are apparently happy with a loan deal subject to a €30m permanent transfer in the summer.

- Thisfootball website say Bolton have told Everton and Manchester United they will have to pay £4m if they want to buy 18 year old goalkeeper, Jake

...approximately one quarter way through and here’s the rumours for day 8 of the January transfer window;

- According to The Daily Mirror, Crystal Palace are planning a renewed bid for Everton striker Oumar Niasse having failed to land the player in the summer.

- The Mirror also claim that Everton’s pursuit of Steven N’Zonzi from Sevilla has stalled, hence the interest in Watford midfielder, Abdoulaye Dacoure.

- Calciomercato.com report Everton are stepping up their interest in Celtic striker, Moussa Dembele.

- Sunday’s edition of A Bola says Everton and Leicester are both keen on Benfica’s Rafael Silva. Benfica are apparently happy with a loan deal subject to a €30m permanent transfer in the summer.

- Thisfootball website say Bolton have told Everton and Manchester United they will have to pay £4m if they want to buy 18 year old goalkeeper, Jake
wow the goalie's just called Jake, like Pele or Socrates

I appreciate your wrap ups mate!!

Would rather Nisse like all Everton players be sold abroad not to other Prem teams

Would have liked Nzonzi, i feel Dacoure is a different type of player who lacks pace, i would much rather Kieran Dowell filled gaps then an uneccessary addition

Would be great if we got Dembele i don’t see it though, when was the last time we had 2 decent strikers at the same time? Saha and Yakubu? I dont see Niasse raising enough funds to cover Celtics asking price

Rafael Silva loan to buy option is great see if he can adapt if not bin him if so show Sandro how its done... again i believe Sandro will star for us next season... dont forget the likes of Drogba and Henry were written off in their first seasons here in the prem

No opinion on the goalkeeper situation, id lile to keep hold of Joel and would love to see steks booted to the curb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back