Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is serious wedge in world football. I doubt there are 15 teams who have done that.

We seem to be trying to be 1860 Munich.

There is a culture of inferiority and failure in our club. Mediocrity is the mortal enemy of excellence.

There are a lot of losers on and off the pitch who need shifting.
The only shred of hope I’m taking is that we echo Spurs when the spent the Bale money. They were poor but seemed to come back stronger for it.

Tbf mate who cares how much we spend we spent £45 million on a bloke whos getting played out of position week in week out shielding a crap RB playing LB.

I want to see us win games.
As do I. At this point though, I’d prefer we’re best set up to have an actual go again next season. We’re done this year, like it or not. And as much as we might like it, our funds are clearly still limited. If we can get good players for not ridiculous fees now, great. If not, let’s start thinking proactively for once.

Regarding Sig, we’ve been wasting him and it drives me nuts.

If we had any real ambition we would be having deals over the line for key areas: LB should be sorted, Walcott should be almost done, wheres the improvement in the middle of the park? wheres the CB improvement coming from? We dont even need large sums of money.

De Vrij - could get on the cheap, you have the likes of Tierney who we could get for £20 million, Kone for £10 million, Ben Davies not getting first team football, Shaw etc. We just never seem to be proactive.

Plenty of players in midfield available also, Nzonzi, Dendoncker, Mkitaryan plus God knows how many players abroad not getting regular game time at the top European clubs. We seem happy to persist with crap stealing a wage like Besic, Morgan, Klaassan instead of taking a hit and getting them off the books for a few million and reinvesting the money to try save our so far dismal season.

1: Change your username.
2: Kone is muck.
3: None of the players mentioned will come to Everton, a team consistently mid table
4: Besic, schniderlin & klassen is our level.
5: all of the above because we lack any real ambition and have done since 1987.

3: None of the players mentioned will come to Everton, a team consistently mid table

Ha ha I see Sam and Bill have knocked your ambition down. Consistent 7th place finishes and a few top 6 finishes over the last decade and we are consistenly mid table?

Bet you werent saying this when we were lashing £150 million out in the summer and gloating we had a better transfer window than the Kopites.

Facts are:

1. Walsh pished money up the wall
2. Key long injuries have hit us hard
3. Watford screwed us from getting Silva and Moshiri panicked as Unsworth pushed us further into the mire
4. Moshiri reacted to the media over reaction of our "impending relegation" and appointed BSA with the advice of Sams mate Walsh.

We've spent more money again this window outside of the top 6 ( Liverpool only so far) we just need to get shot of the crap players and actually invest money wisely. Walcott is better than what we have and Coleman will be a massive positive, but we need a LB and box to box midfielder alongside Gueye with energy.

Or we can just cry arse on a forum that we shouldnt sign anyone as we are crap and deserve relegation. Can see which fans werent around in the 90's dogfights.

To be fair, I think some of them we MIGHT have a chance with. Ben Davies Im a fan of, I can't see him happy to be on the bench week in and week out.

That being said tho, I ahve no idea who he is talking about with Kone. If it's Sunderland Kone, he is out of his mind.

Ha ha I see Sam and Bill have knocked your ambition down. Consistent 7th place finishes and a few top 6 finishes over the last decade and we are consistenly mid table?

Bet you werent saying this when we were lashing £150 million out in the summer and gloating we had a better transfer window than the Kopites.

Facts are:

1. Walsh pished money up the wall
2. Key long injuries have hit us hard
3. Watford screwed us from getting Silva and Moshiri panicked as Unsworth pushed us further into the mire
4. Moshiri reacted to the media over reaction of our "impending relegation" and appointed BSA with the advice of Sams mate Walsh.

We've spent more money again this window outside of the top 6 ( Liverpool only so far) we just need to get shot of the crap players and actually invest money wisely. Walcott is better than what we have and Coleman will be a massive positive, but we need a LB and box to box midfielder alongside Gueye with energy.

Or we can just cry arse on a forum that we shouldnt sign anyone as we are crap and deserve relegation. Can see which fans werent around in the 90's dogfights.
Has it dawned up on you, the state we are in?

No?

Did i miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back