Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All three of whom have been absolutely sh1te

Payet was fantastic for West Ham, for arguments sake either one of those could have been a Coutinho/Mane/Van Dijk/Wanyama.

Finishing 7th means european football on offer and showing your looking at competing for the top 6. Finishing bottom half states you are a mid table plodder.

Genuinely frightening how some fans dont care if we finish 7th or 11th when 2 seasons back the same fans were frothing at the mouth for Roberto to be sacked for giving us two bottom half placed finishes...

The fact that we are now midway through January and we are still playing a 3rd choice right back in the left back position is absolutely unforgivable and a shocking display of incompetence. A new left back should have been scouted before the window opened and in position within a couple of days after the window opened. Too busy patting each other on the backs on the stage.

Payet was fantastic for West Ham, for arguments sake either one of those could have been a Coutinho/Mane/Van Dijk/Wanyama.

Finishing 7th means european football on offer and showing your looking at competing for the top 6. Finishing bottom half states you are a mid table plodder.

Genuinely frightening how some fans dont care if we finish 7th or 11th when 2 seasons back the same fans were frothing at the mouth for Roberto to be sacked for giving us two bottom half placed finishes...

Payet was a one-season egotistical tosspot who massively disrupted West Ham’s squad. Shaquiri has one decent game in ten. Ogbonna.....well, is just Ogbonna.
You’re going to have to do better if you think they are an improvement on what we have.

lol keep dreaming mate!
Someone has to haha. Id be happy with a quality left back and centre back or a centre back who can play left back, someone like Rojo at United, or similar for this window. January is a bad bad window though.

I want them poistions filled over the next 2/3 windows, with quality not [Poor language removed] like Martina, Sket head and the like. If we dont recruit well in the next few windows we are well and truelly fooked.

Regardless if our manager is Pep Guardiola or Graham Westley. You can only do so much when the players are not good enough and so many players are just not good enough. NSNO

I almost wonder if Luke Shaw's improved form hasn't messed with our plans. Weat have been after him and now United is thinking they will keep him.

Honestly I struggle with this transfer window. Ambition or not our season is in effect over so why rush things or pay over odds if what or who we want isn’t available? Maybe we have deals being set up for the summer when it actually matters to us and won’t negatively impact other clubs who still need the players we want either for survival or potential silverware this season. Maybe we don’t want Sam buying more players if we’re planning a replacement already. If we still had anything more to play for this season I’d agree with you, but sadly we don’t.

Of course this is me thinking logically and that’s not what Everton do so they’re likely on different pages altogether.

Mate, we are two defeats away from being pulled right back into the mire.

Have you not seen our last 4 performances?

3 shots on goal in 4 games.

Believe me, this season is far from over.

...16 days, so I suppose we’re into the 2nd half of the January transfer window. Here’s a summary of rumours for this Tuesday morning;

- Sam Allardyce has told the Daily Mail that he doesn’t know where he’ll play Theo Walcott until the deal is done. Paul Joyce from The Times says the transfer is into the final stages of negotiations, whilst the Guardian’s Andy Hunter reports the Toffees are hopeful the deal will be concluded this week.

- MadaboutEPL website links West Ham with a move for Everton midfielder, Tom Davies. The Liverpool Echo say the Hammers have made no bid for the player.

- According to 4th Official, both Burnley and Newcastle are readying bids for Everton’s Aaron Lennon.

- BetVictor have installed Everton as joint favourites to sign Bournmouth’s 35 year old striker, Jermain Defoe, in the January transfer window.

- The Express suggests Leeds are leading Everton in the race to sign Forest Green Rovers 17 year old defensive midfielder, Jordon Stevens.

- Starsport report Everton interest in Manchester United’s 22 year old Left Back, Luke Shaw, and could launch a loan move this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back