Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really that much potential mate

Look at Newcastle, much bigger club/better stadium/bigger fan base and there struggling to sell

Major problem with Sunderland is the area is so run down and just a pretty dire place in general

Newcastle isn't a bigger club historically by any way of measuring, it also doesn't have a bigger fan base par se, stadiums have about a 3k capacity difference as well so nothing in that.

Yeah Sunderland is run down, but calling it a dire place as a scouser (i assume) is pretty stupid and exactly the same things we take umbrage with when idiots writing for the red tops say that about our own city.

Newcastle are struggling to sell because Ashley wants about a 3 fold return on what he paid for a club he has made into a total mess and a bit of a joke

Newcastle isn't a bigger club historically by any way of measuring, it also doesn't have a bigger fan base par se, stadiums have about a 3k capacity difference as well so nothing in that.

Yeah Sunderland is run down, but calling it a dire place as a scouser (i assume) is pretty stupid and exactly the same things we take umbrage with when idiots writing for the red tops say that about our own city.

Newcastle are struggling to sell because Ashley wants about a 3 fold return on what he paid for a club he has made into a total mess and a bit of a joke

Nothing against Sunderland, but Newcastle have a bigger fan base. Although the potential for both, given the lack of other teams anywhere near, is very big.

Not really that much potential mate

Look at Newcastle, much bigger club/better stadium/bigger fan base and there struggling to sell

Major problem with Sunderland is the area is so run down and just a pretty dire place in general

The North East is a far nicer place than most make out, I lived in Newcastle/Jesmond for nearly 12 years and loved every minute of being up there. Preferred the city of Newcastle to Sunderland mind but that’s just personal preference.

Nothing against Sunderland, but Newcastle have a bigger fan base. Although the potential for both, given the lack of other teams anywhere near, is very big.

They have a bigger fan-base entirely because the city is bigger mate, neither have any external support of note outside of that catchment area though, Newcastle just a bot like Spurs throughout the 1980's till present day though became a media darling and favourite, way beyond anything they accomplished, Sunderland is and will likely remain for a long time a more successful club than Newcastle

The North East is a far nicer place than most make out, I lived in Newcastle/Jesmond for nearly 12 years and loved every minute of being up there. Preferred the city of Newcastle to Sunderland mind but that’s just personal preference.

Always preferred Sunderland myself - then again lived there for a time

Jesmond isn`t like Newcastle, as it`s full of students from elsewhere and arty farty types, that`s the attraction of the place.

And the cracking old boozers at the back of Osbourne Rd ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back