Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be sacked soon i think. He wanted to join us. They stopped him. It's back fired on them. I think we will go for him again in May
I hope not silva imo isn't very good, I believe sam will see out his contract but if not, I haven't got a clue who else sort us out. Even though I think Sam will get us playing ok pretty soon, the players seem to still have a hang over from Koemans time here.

I never said he was box to box, I said he's supposed to be the type of player who links up play between our midfield and striker.

Fair. Doesn’t have to be a box to box. But again, what we REALLY need is a midfielder that can take the ball from the back to the front and get it to Sigurdsson /Walcott/Bolaisse in dangerous areas.

It would be nice, too, AT LEAST against these garbage team SOMEONE has to step into the space behind Sigurdsson and our defense when we finally DO have the ball. There was a 40 yard gap between Morgan / McCarthy and Siggy half the game.

MUST GO
Williams (finished), Jagielka (finished), Martina (dog dirt), Schneiderlin (coward), Rooney (finished), Besic (not good enough), Stekelenberg (finished), Browning (not good enough), Galloway (not good enough), Garbutt (not good enough), Pennington (not good enough)

SHOULD GO
Bolasie (not good enough), Klaassen (not good enough), Sandro (not good enough), Baines (finished - but maybe ok for backup?)

NOT READY (but should stay)
Holgate (keep in squad), Kenny (keep in squad), Davies (keep in squad), Beningime (loan him out), DCL (loan him out), Dowell (loan him out)

LAST CHANCE SALOON
Sigurdsson (impress until end of season or be sold), Keane (impress until end of season or be sold)

CAN STAY
Mori (give him a chance after his injury), Niasse (has earned a place due to his goals-to-minutes ratio and attitude), Gueye (best of a bad bunch of midfielders), Vlasic (looks more ready than the other youngsters), Lookman (should be given more game time over Bolasie), Robles (good backup)

MUST STAY
Pickford (future England #1), Coleman (must be captain next season), Tosun (cannot be judged until next season), Walcott (a class above most of our players)

I make it fifteen players who I wouldn't bat an eyelid if they left, and only four who I definitely want us to keep in the first eleven right now.

Spot on

MUST GO
Williams (finished), Jagielka (finished), Martina (dog dirt), Schneiderlin (coward), Rooney (finished), Besic (not good enough), Stekelenberg (finished), Browning (not good enough), Galloway (not good enough), Garbutt (not good enough), Pennington (not good enough)

SHOULD GO
Bolasie (not good enough), Klaassen (not good enough), Sandro (not good enough), Baines (finished - but maybe ok for backup?)

Holgate (keep in squad), Kenny (keep in squad), Davies (keep in squad), Beningime (loan him out), DCL (loan him out), Dowell (loan him out)

LAST CHANCE SALOON
Sigurdsson (impress until end of season or be sold), Keane (impress until end of season or be sold)

CAN STAY
Mori (give him a chance after his injury), Niasse (has earned a place due to his goals-to-minutes ratio and attitude), Gueye (best of a bad bunch of midfielders), Vlasic (looks more ready than the other youngsters), Lookman (should be given more game time over Bolasie), Robles (good backup)

MUST STAY
Pickford (future England #1), Coleman (must be captain next season), Tosun (cannot be judged until next season), Walcott (a class above most of our players)

I make it fifteen players who I wouldn't bat an eyelid if they left, and only four who I definitely want us to keep in the first eleven right now.
Tosun we cant judge until next season as he needs to be given a go but Sandro and Klaassen aren't good enough witbout being given a chance? Okay then

MUST GO

SHOULD GO

LAST CHANCE SALOON

CAN STAY

MUST STAY

I agree with all apart from Rooney is a bit harsh as he’s scored some important goals and turned games around for us. Keep him for against lower opposition or coming off the bench.

Sandro and Klassen should also be given more of a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back