Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea to be honest. Just going off what Allardyce said. This was our official squad until this window.

Baines, Leighton John*
Barkley, Ross*
Besic, Muhamed
Bolasie, Yannick*
Byrne, Sam John*
Coleman, Seamus
Funes Mori, Jose Ramiro
Gueye, Idrissa Gana
Jagielka, Philip Nikodem*
Jones, Gethin Wynne*
Keane, Michael Vincent*
Klaassen, Davy
Lennon, Aaron*
Martina, Rhu-Endly Aurelio Jean-Carlo
McCarthy, James*
Mirallas Y Castillo, Kevin Antonio Joel Gislain
Niasse, Baye Oumar
Pickford, Jordan Lee*
Ramirez Castillo, Sandro
Robles Blazquez, Joel
Rooney, Wayne Mark*
Schneiderlin, Morgan*
Sigurdsson, Gylfi Thor*
Stekelenburg, Maarten
Williams, Ashley Errol*

So thats 3 out, 2 in (Walcott and Tosun) and Garbutt taking up the final spot.

Just jib Sam Byrne off. Is he even a thing?
Gylfi Thor Sigurdsson

!

I hope the ones in bold are NOT with us next season. Gee, that's quite a few. Leaves us with 9 senior players I deem decent enough for our SQUAD, and a handful of kids.
I'm inclined to give Keane, Klaassen and Sandro more time to prove themselves. They are all clearly better than they have shown for us this season. Rooney and Baines I'd keep hold of for their experience and the positive influence they could have on the younger players (hoping they'd be bit part players rather than regular starters). I'd also be looking for an upgrade on both Funes Mori and Niasse.

So, we'd need to bring in a quality left sided centre back and a young quality left back. Both starters. A starting holding midfielder, another striker and a ball carrying midfielder to replace Barkley.

Of those young players, I think only Holgate will need to be registered next season so that's a great bonus for us numbers wise, to which we can probably add players like Dowell, Connelly and Feeney.

What's all the fuss about?

Only reason I can think as to why you'd keep suggesting him Dave, surely you've seen the issue this season with playing a non-left back at left back
He looks (Kenedy) easily capable of playing that position. Good energy.

My preferred choice for LB would be Hector at Cologne.

Can't defend mate

That's a good shout yeah, they're on 12 points tho so doubt they'd sell unless they see going down as a foregone conclusion and want to cash in before his price drops

Oh yeah...him.

Well Byrne should be binned yeah but he is still in the squad I suppose. I don't know how it works with injured players. Why would Mori have been included, or Coleman come to think of it as they had no chance of coming back before January either. Lennon only went today so that may explain the delay.

And there is still the issue with Baines. I dont think the managers (all of them so far this season) see him as being as finished as some of our fans do. He should be back soon enough so it will be a hard sell to bring someone in at the risk of them being jibbed off for Baines in a few weeks time.
Because we have so many players under 21 we had a lot of spaces in our "25", so hence naming the injured players in case they came back earlier than expected, plus none descript players like Jones and Byrne. But given that, it just shows what a farce it was not to include Garbutt given that Baines was the only left back in the squad, and our only fit left footed outfield player.

I'm inclined to give Keane, Klaassen and Sandro more time to prove themselves. They are all clearly better than they have shown for us this season. Rooney and Baines I'd keep hold of for their experience and the positive influence they could have on the younger players (hoping they'd be bit part players rather than regular starters). I'd also be looking for an upgrade on both Funes Mori and Niasse.

So, we'd need to bring in a quality left sided centre back and a young quality left back. Both starters. A starting holding midfielder, another striker and a ball carrying midfielder to replace Barkley.

Of those young players, I think only Holgate will need to be registered next season so that's a great bonus for us numbers wise, to which we can probably add players like Dowell, Connelly and Feeney.

What's all the fuss about?
I think Funes and Niasse are superb options, particularly Niasse off the bench. He's proven it time and time again. I know absence makes the heart grow fonder, but you don't get into the Argentinian national side if you're rubbish, and on the form of our players this season, Funes should be given a chance to cement a place next season. I'd like to see if he can strike up a partnership with Holgate, but preferably we'd get another top centre back in and pair him up with Funes, and then ship Jagielka and Williams out.

I hope some soft Chinese team comes in for Rooney. He's poor now and can barely move, what's he going to be like next season? Eating up 150k a week in wages is outrageous, too.

Baines, yeah, maybe keep him as backup next season seeing as we obviously aren't going to sign two new left backs.

So for defence I'd like Coleman, Kenny, Holgate, Keane, Funes, a new CB, Baines and a new LB. Once Baines gets injured again we'd have Funes as an emergency backup LB which is nice. I know he's not good there, but he's better than Martina.

I see where you're coming from with Klaassen, he may be worth keeping, but I've seen enough of that headless chicken Sandro to want him put in the bin. Striking options next season Tosun, a new striker, Niasse and DCL.

Bolasie, Walcott and Vlasic as wide options, with Sigurdsson and Klaassen vying for the free role in midfield.

Smash Schneiderin and Besic out of Everton and sign a player who can put his foot on the ball, then we're sorted.

I make that four new players needed: A CB, a LB, a CM and a ST. Buy the LB now and it's just three to get in the summer and then we're laughin' and ready to make a bid for promotion back to the Premier League next season.

Not a player that has impressed me(Kenedy). When we sign a left back I want somebody with the potential to play there for years not just be better than Martina, Hector would be great, but could we get him?

I hope some soft Chinese team comes in for Rooney. He's poor now and can barely move, what's he going to be like next season? Eating up 150k a week in wages is outrageous, too.
His Mrs is due to have a baby anytime, he's already minted, and no way Coleen lets him out of her sight.
He finishes his career with Everton IMO.

Because we have so many players under 21 we had a lot of spaces in our "25", so hence naming the injured players in case they came back earlier than expected, plus none descript players like Jones and Byrne. But given that, it just shows what a farce it was not to include Garbutt given that Baines was the only left back in the squad, and our only fit left footed outfield player.

Agreed, although Garbutt is pretty rubbish too.

Not a player that has impressed me(Kenedy). When we sign a left back I want somebody with the potential to play there for years not just be better than Martina, Hector would be great, but could we get him?
We could have taken him on loan.

Hector - dont see why not. Cologne are struggling and might want cash to buy a forward or two. Certainly a gettable player and full international.

Still, we have Martina...and maybe Garbutt. We're sound. :coffee:

We could have taken him on loan.

Hector - dont see why not. Cologne are struggling and might want cash to buy a forward or two. Certainly a gettable player and full international.

Still, we have Martina...and maybe Garbutt. We're sound. :coffee:
I don't what date is on your calendar Dave but on mine there is still over a week to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back