Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the window closing, I do not think we will see any LB. DM or CB coming in.
Going insane (as in SANE )
Feeble attempt at humour I’ll admit
And I can’t see us signing a LB
It’s a glaring omission but FSA is prepared to go with what he has in that position till Baines is back
If the squad can be trimmed I can see one or two more in , or has been mooted Dendonker in and loaned back to Anderlecht

It's just pointless to comment on other players and rumors whne it doesn't seem like we are in for a left back. Just seems impossible...

think we need to offload a few before signing anyone but we're struggling to get anyone interested in players we want to offload. I would have been looking to offload mccarthy as the biggest sellable asset, but of course that can't happen. Selling schneiderlin would require a replacement singing.

klaassen and sandro need to be given more of a go here, so shipping them off on loan for the rest of the season would help a lot as both are on big wages and not even making squads. lennon and mirallas were wise wages to get off the books, barkley was a waste of wages this season, but who else can we offload? Nobody, except else besic is really surplus to requirements.

You could look at williams and jagielka as not being good enough but getting rid of one or both of them leaves us massively thin in that department. Same if we would get rid of martina, niasse is very important.

It's not as easy as saying "get a left back". It's not all about moshiri has the money, it's about FFP as well.

think we need to offload a few before signing anyone but we're struggling to get anyone interested in players we want to offload. I would have been looking to offload mccarthy as the biggest sellable asset, but of course that can't happen. Selling schneiderlin would require a replacement singing.

klaassen and sandro need to be given more of a go here, so shipping them off on loan for the rest of the season would help a lot as both are on big wages and not even making squads. lennon and mirallas were wise wages to get off the books, barkley was a waste of wages this season, but who else can we offload? Nobody, except else besic is really surplus to requirements.

You could look at williams and jagielka as not being good enough but getting rid of one or both of them leaves us massively thin in that department. Same if we would get rid of martina, niasse is very important.

It's not as easy as saying "get a left back". It's not all about moshiri has the money, it's about FFP as well.

The amount of work needed on our squad is depressing.

How do you replace a waste of space? lol

The amount of work needed on our squad is depressing.
That’s why a GOOD experienced DOF needs to be brought in
Someone who is given the power to assess the squad and shift out more than half of them , get the right loans for others and buy the players needed to give us a balanced squad of 22/24 players supplemented by the best of the U23s
There is no point in having the squad supplemented by U23players if they don’t get a chance.
It’s a balancing act and needs an experienced knowledgeable football man to do it.
There are lads here who can do it in their underwear in the mother’s boxroom while playing FIFA but in the real world it’s about what’s possible not what’s ideal
In all honesty IMO there are perhaps 10/12 players in the current squad who are good enough for a tilt at 6/7 and perhaps 3/4 good enough for a tilt at top 4
That’s shows the damage that has been done to the squad by successive managers and the work that the club has in front of them

Last edited:
That’s why a GOOD experienced DOF needs to be brought in
Someone who is given the power to asses the squad and shift out more than half of them , get the right loans for others and buy the players needed to give us a balanced squad of 22/24 players supplemented by the best of the U23s
There is no point in having the squad supplemented by U23players if they don’t get a chance.
It’s a balancing act and needs an experienced knowledgeable football man to do it.
There are lads here who can do it in their underwear in the mother’s boxroom while playing FIFA but in the real world it’s about what’s possible not what’s ideal

Things definitely need shaken up mate but I think the sexual offences act might have something to say about that strategy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back