Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it unreal that players who are currently fit and so obviously will not even be considered by the manager (Besic, Stekelenberg, Klaassen, Sandro) are being kept on the books. Shouldn't the club be doing all they can to get rid? Over 200k a week wasted on those four. I'd also be selling Williams asap. We don't need him AND Jagielka AND Keane AND Holgate to take us through the next 15 games. Get him gone too, then get Jagielka gone in the summer.

I'd also be touting for buyers for Bolasie too. Value will have plummeted but he's clearly nowhere near the standard we're aiming for. If we could recoup half of what we paid it'd be a hell of a deal for us. We've got Lookman and Vlasic coming through, and should be on the search for another top end winger anyway.

Selling the above players would well and truly drain the swamp.

donald-trump-drop-out.jpg

I find it unreal that players who are currently fit and so obviously will not even be considered by the manager (Besic, Stekelenberg, Klaassen, Sandro) are being kept on the books. Shouldn't the club be doing all they can to get rid? Over 200k a week wasted on those four. I'd also be selling Williams asap. We don't need him AND Jagielka AND Keane AND Holgate to take us through the next 15 games. Get him gone too, then get Jagielka gone in the summer.

I'd also be touting for buyers for Bolasie too. Value will have plummeted but he's clearly nowhere near the standard we're aiming for. If we could recoup half of what we paid it'd be a hell of a deal for us. We've got Lookman and Vlasic coming through, and should be on the search for another top end winger anyway.

Selling the above players would well and truly drain the swamp.

donald-trump-drop-out.jpg
Someone has to want them though. And someone has to be willing to match their ridiculous wages. And they have to be willing to move to wherever it is we're trying to flog them to. In short, don't hold your breath.

Someone has to want them though. And someone has to be willing to match their ridiculous wages. And they have to be willing to move to wherever it is we're trying to flog them to. In short, don't hold your breath.
Oh I know all that. Surely these players are smart enough to know they're set for life and can enjoy a millionaire's lifestyle from now until the day they die, even if they leave us and take a substantial wage cut. You'd like to think they're also professional enough to want to play football before their legs do give up and they can't play at this level any more.

It's still unbelievable we haven't got LB sorted.

Aside from that, I wouldn't actually want any more money spent, the less damage inflicted the soonest mended, particularly for any prospective new DoF.

I have complete mistrust in the ability of the club to spend well now, and to think where we've come from in recent years, such a shame.

It's still unbelievable we haven't got LB sorted.

Aside from that, I wouldn't actually want any more money spent, the less damage inflicted the soonest mended, particularly for any prospective new DoF.

I have complete mistrust in the ability of the club to spend well now, and to think where we've come from in recent years, such a shame.
I'm the same. Credit where it's due they've finally addressed the striker situation and signed some much needed pace but again the lack of a LB is unforgivable. Giving Walsh any more money to spend on a position that isn't a LB will simply cause more damage.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back