Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve gone past caring about a left back or any player signing, the only thing that matters now is getting Allardyce and his cronies out the club along with Walsh! We don’t want any of these clowns spending money on average players only to be not wanted in 6 months time when the new regime comes in. We have more than enough at present to ride this season out
I think that before that happens what matters more is that billy liar and co must go...otherwise nothing will change:(

Him and Brozovic don't play the same position though.

Not exactly the same but neither team really needs the player it currently has so a swap could technically be facilitated. Then again, no team on the planet needs the Schneiderlin impersonator that's currently playing for us.

Not exactly the same but neither team really needs the player it currently has so a swap could technically be facilitated. Then again, no team on the planet needs the Schneiderlin impersonator that's currently playing for us.

We need the type of player Schneiderlin is, though - kind of a distributor to get on the ball deep and control a midfield.

Schneiderlin has been crap at it, but Brozovic is much more of a ball-carrier/no.10.

We need the type of player Schneiderlin is, though - kind of a distributor to get on the ball deep and control a midfield.

Schneiderlin has been crap at it, but Brozovic is much more of a ball-carrier/no.10.

..Dendoncker is that type. He’s like a quarterback and is very two footed. I honestly think Schneiderlin misses Barry sitting behind him and protecting the back four.

..Dendoncker is that type. He’s like a quarterback and is very two footed. I honestly think Schneiderlin misses Barry sitting behind him and protecting the back four.

I don't recall Barry and Schneiderlin playing together that much though? When Schneiderlin came in he pretty much took Barry's role next to Gana and was doing it really well. He got an injury just before we went for our annual Anfield Lie Down and Barry came back in but once Schneiderlin was fit Koeman started to play a midfield 3 of Morgs, Gana and Davies and it worked really well. Barry tended to only be involved after that from the bench.

IMO mate, as @toffee-L says, Barry and MS hardly played together.

The main player that Schneiderlin misses, ultimately, is Barkley.

Baines and Coleman, too.

Between them, those three gave Schneiderlin options.

He would often have Ross - usually playing as part of the front three - dropping back into midfield to collect the ball and take it forward.

If that wasn't an option, Baines and Coleman would bomb on up the wings and he could go long with a diagonal.

From mid Jan to the end of March (when Coleman got injured) we looked very very good, because we had all of those players playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back