Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even when we were broke with dithering Dave in charge there was always the blind hope that he might spring a surprise on us all late on. None of that these days.

Based on that logic, we’d have never have signed Phil Neville, Saha or Tim Howard. They didn’t turn out too bad for us did they?

Well, I think there is a slight discrepancy with the skill level. Maybe not with Neville because we knew he was rubbish - Saha had obvious talent, as did Howard. Both had done well in this league...

Saha had 203 premier league appearances before we signed him, Howard had 45.

We cant honestly say Mangala has performed well since being in the league, he has been pretty poor - and has made plenty of unforced errors.

We cant really afford someone who is error prone currently.

Daily Fail just said he does not want to go to Italy. Not sure how true that is.
If it is true I think its a poor decision on Klassen's part. I think hed fit in well there amd Napoli is in good form atm. Not sure how staying in this toxic situation here where we're gash and hes still not getting any time on the pitch helps him. Hes behind Rooney and Sigurdson. No idea why we signed 3 players who all play similar roles but thats Koeman and Walsh for you

Well, I think there is a slight discrepancy with the skill level. Maybe not with Neville because we knew he was rubbish - Saha had obvious talent, as did Howard. Both had done well in this league...

Saha had 203 premier league appearances before we signed him, Howard had 45.

We cant honestly say Mangala has performed well since being in the league, he has been pretty poor - and has made plenty of unforced errors.

We cant really afford someone who is error prone currently.

Because our defence is solid at the moment anyway isn’t it? Not worth trying to improve it.

Players fit at certain clubs but struggle at others. Look at Pienaar at us, compared to when he went to Spurs. Sigurdsson at Swansea compared to Spurs is another example.

He’s on loan until the end of the season, if it doesn’t work out then we’ve lost nothing. Considering our other left-footed centre half is Funes Mori, he can’t be any more error prone than that.

Because our defence is solid at the moment anyway isn’t it? Not worth trying to improve it.

Players fit at certain clubs but struggle at others. Look at Pienaar at us, compared to when he went to Spurs. Sigurdsson at Swansea compared to Spurs is another example.

He’s on loan until the end of the season, if it doesn’t work out then we’ve lost nothing. Considering our other left-footed centre half is Funes Mori, he can’t be any more error prone than that.

He is mate... trust me. My mate is a City season ticket holder he text me this morning howling....

We should improve our defence... IMO is he better then Jags/Keane/William/Holgate? probably not - the only thing he has over them bar Holgate is pace... but that doesnt help you when you get the ball fall over it and give it back anyway.

In regards to those suggesting Mangala would fit, by comparing him to RFM.

Difference between Funes Mori and Mangala;
- RFM is super quick, Mangala eh
- RFM is good in the air
- RFM is strong

Mangala is ordinary at all of the above. Both are poor on the ball. They are your differences. Mangala is a fair dinkum crab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back