Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players to some degree and their agents to a much greater degree aren't entirely stupid, they will see the huge upturn in players careers signed by brands and see the opportunity it presents to their clients.

Gomes - recalled to national team and a saving of a career that looked all but over after that Barca move.
Richarlison - playing now for national team and one of the most talked about young players in the game now.
Zouma, Digne, Mina - all seen a big upturn on how they are playing since arriving.
Keane - same as Gomes, coach practically saved the lads career which looked finished at any top level after last year's horror show - now back in the national side.

Players who've had a bad big move, and those who are trying to decide on that step up move from a weaker league, we've now put ourselves firmly on the list of good choice for their careers.

Credit to Silva.

Google 'Everton target Yarmolenko/Witsel/insert other generic link here' and you'll get dozens hits of the Echo running similar pieces to the ones about Ndombele. There was one a couple of weeks ago about Sala, who loads of people on here immediately said we absolutely wouldn't be signing. It seems that we should only believe the links we like, and discard the ones we don't.

I really like what Brands has done so far, and i'm quite excited to see what he can do with a couple more windows, but I've said before that I think we're in danger of doing what kopites do with Klopp; developing a cult of personality where we make out like he can do things that no other DoF could even dream of. Much as i'd love that to be true, it probably isn't.

Well we could, but it depends who else shows interest, we wont be the only club, both are currently playing CL and "competing" for Titles, which means we can offer them a massive payrise and a springboard. Somebody else might be able offer them all 4 things.

Exactly.

We could be an attractive team for some players. But there are still some way more attractive options than us should they flash a bit of skirt.

Mina wouldn’t be here if a Juventus had been interested. For example.

A striker and a left footed winger please. I would also try and buy our 2 on loan players. If any more money available a back up CM who is comfortable playing alongside either Gueye or Gomes.

Out would go McCarthy or Schneiderlin both if we get above CM and Niasse. I would try and get Holgate, Dowell and Baningime out on loan. Browning and Galloway would also be made available but can't see many takers.

Well we could, but it depends who else shows interest, we wont be the only club, both are currently playing CL and "competing" for Titles, which means we can offer them a massive payrise and a springboard. Somebody else might be able offer them all 4 things.

But, but, but...we’re Everton. Show some ambition etc etc etc

one of the signings i'd like us to make irrespective of links is sander berge.
absolute unit from norway who's quick and reads the game really well, he'd be a fantastic midfield rotation option imo. he plays for genk in the belgian league who also developed milinkovic-savic, and they're similar in that they're both tall, strong and great on the ball, although berge tends to sit in front of the defence

why yes i do watch too much football this is a cry for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back