Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
A striker and a left footed winger please. I would also try and buy our 2 on loan players. If any more money available a back up CM who is comfortable playing alongside either Gueye or Gomes.

Out would go McCarthy or Schneiderlin both if we get above CM and Niasse. I would try and get Holgate, Dowell and Baningime out on loan. Browning and Galloway would also be made available but can't see many takers.

I reckon we'll see McCarthy given a role in that CM role before buying anyone. If he can stay fit - big if - he's useful.

We have a huge mass of games coming up and the squad will all have to get used.

We have to get that out of the way before thinking about chopping and changing. Honestly can't see more than 1 new addition (and maybe Gomes on a permanent).

Reactions: dav
I reckon we'll see McCarthy given a role in that CM role before buying anyone. If he can stay fit - big if - he's useful.

We have a huge mass of games coming up and the squad will all have to get used.

We have to get that out of the way before thinking about chopping and changing. Honestly can't see more than 1 new addition (and maybe Gomes on a permanent).

I'm just not convinced Gueye and McCarthy can play together. Davies has potential but if Gomes got injured he is nowhere near as good. Schneiderlin is finished as far as I can see as he doesn't even make the bench.

Left footed winger is to add some variation to our play as whichever winger we play they'll all cut in off played on the left or stay wide if on the right.

Striker is a no brainer to release Richarlison back to being a menace on the wing where he can run at people more.

Exactly.

We could be an attractive team for some players. But there are still some way more attractive options than us should they flash a bit of skirt.

Mina wouldn’t be here if a Juventus had been interested. For example.

That's true for every single player who moves to any team besides real Madrid and Barca ultimately though mate

Suarez never moves to Liverpool if Barca or united where interested, pogba doesn't go united if real really wanted him etc.

What we need to s kid though us thinking that list of clubs is much bigger than in reality it probably is in terms of us having no chance if that club shows strong interest.

Outside of maybe 8-10 clubs in the game, and assuming the player, agents aren't utter bellends, then we can edge out the others should the deal we present and how we sell it be more attractive at that moment for the player. That's over to the dof and manager to give us that chance though ultimately.

In certain circumstances I also think we could beat out one of those 8-10 team's too. No one with half a brain for example should join united given an equal financial offer elsewhere in January

In certain circumstances I also think we could beat out one of those 8-10 team's too. No one with half a brain for example should join united given an equal financial offer elsewhere in January

Disagree with that really. Yeah they’re doing crap but the pull of United is still absolutely huge.
Heck, even the pull of Mourinho still holds some water.

And really, we aren’t even that far ahead of them. I doubt we would outdo them if we wanted the same player.

Would love Ndembele after watching him against City. Gana has been fantastic but is 30 next year and we have no decent back up - Besic will be off in the summer and Schneirderlin and McCarthy are both gash.

Ndombele Gomes

Siggurdsson

Those 3 with Gana, Davies and Lookman as options from the bench gives us alot of options.

Would love Ndembele after watching him against City. Gana has been fantastic but is 30 next year and we have no decent back up - Besic will be off in the summer and Schneirderlin and McCarthy are both gash.

Ndombele Gomes

Siggurdsson

Those 3 with Gana, Davies and Lookman as options from the bench gives us alot of options.
Gana is nearly 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back