Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are clearly targeting a big box to box, dominant midfielder.

Man City are built around the tempo and distribution of Fernandinho.

The best sides are built around a superior midfield (apart from kick and rush Liverpool, though they come up short in big away games).

After the starting Gomes and Gana there is Davies. That's it really. Baningime could develop into a really good player but the likes of McCarthy and Schniederlin are not challenging Man City any time soon. And that will be our aim.

Maybe.

And remember I was absolutely livid we spent so much on Richarlison. So happy to be wrong again.

..I thought he’d signed a new contract, not sure he’d do that if his head was turned. I agree, he’s a monster of an athlete but i’ve always thought he was much better without than with possession of the football.

Gana is great at what he does. There’ll be some games though where having Gomes and a more attacking box to box player next to him would be better though.

Ideally we’d have Gueye, Gomes, Sigurdsson and another top class centre midfielder, with Davies and possibly baningime and Dowell as back up.

Gana is great at what he does. There’ll be some games though where having Gomes and a more attacking box to box player next to him would be better though.

Ideally we’d have Gueye, Gomes, Sigurdsson and another top class centre midfielder, with Davies and possibly baningime and Dowell as back up.

Man City have multiple top class options across the midfield. That is what we have to try and match/emulate in the coming years.

Doubt it. There’s still not that many teams in the world that would pay more. 25m would be a record fee for half of the clubs in the premier league...
Young French international on a 6 year deal at a club that's under a transfer ban I think from next year, he'll cost a fair bit.

Don't forget we paid 35 for gammon head Keane who only had 1 year left on his deal, we set a dangerous precedent

Gabigol still getting linked at around £18m

What are people’s current thoughts? Risk worth taking?

Don't know anything about him, looked at a short news article with his stats in. Can't say I'm excited about the prospect of him joining.
However I was excited about Sandro joining us and we all know how that has panned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back