Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
But don't we already have Kenny as a young promising RB, lookman as a young promising RW and arguably Robinson as a backup left back? Pointless spending money on those positions imo before we actually give players like that a chance first. Way too early to write off Kenny.
Perhaps, but competition would be nice. Kenny needs a loan for me. I think it’s too soon to rely on him. Agree with Lookman, but I don’t see Walcott here much longer. So factored Lookman would need competition.

I think 25 million would be what we would be looking to pay mate.

Williams was Swanseas captain and had just captained a team to the European Championships semi finals. It was a bit of a thoughtless buy looking back.

Zouma is a lad who won't be wanted by Chelsea, and I can't imagine there will be a cue of teams liking up for him that he'd want to leave for over us.

Personally I'd start negotiations around 20 and be willing to go to 30, but sense Brands will be nearer half way between those figures.

What would you suggest as a workable figure?
Isn't Cahill and Luis out of contract at the end of the season? If so I doubt chelsea will want to let another defender leave for cheap.

Isn't Cahill and Luis out of contract at the end of the season? If so I doubt chelsea will want to let another defender leave for cheap.

Yeah and Christiensen not really happy with his playing time, could mean 3 centre halfs going. Zouma will probably be retained on the basis of a familiar face being there and having Rudiger and a big signing too

Chelsea will be impacted by this loan scenario - teams being only able to loan out 8/9 players (if it actually happens). Could help with Zouma/Christensen on a permanent with the help of them having to offload players. Be interesting to see what other clubs loan out players beyond this level (and what players would become available) as our hand would be strengthened in any negoations.

How many of those would you replace?

I think really we don't need a back up keeper if Virginia is a serious no.2 which he should be
Defensive cover should be Holgate, Robinson, Kenny + you assume Keane or Zouma are fighting for one position
MIdfield - I would add one more attacking winger and one defensive to replace Schneiderlin, Besic and McCarthy
Attack - one person to replace Tosun and Niasse

That's 18 out and 3 in, in my opinion.

I assume you’re not counting Zouma and Gomes in the 3. I’d also argue that Coleman isn’t playing to the level we need so we definitely need 5 or 6 in our the next 2-3 windows.

Doubt it. There’s still not that many teams in the world that would pay more. 25m would be a record fee for half of the clubs in the premier league...

i think 25m would be about right. you could even argue zouma doesnt even make the bench with holgate being more than capable at cb and covering rb too, hes also still developing and getting better every game...if they want some ridiculous fee im pretty sure hell be heading back to chelsea

i think 25m would be about right. you could even argue zouma doesnt even make the bench with holgate being more than capable at cb and covering rb too, hes also still developing and getting better every game...if they want some ridiculous fee im pretty sure hell be heading back to chelsea
Agree with most of this but Zouma is currently 10x the player Holgate is. Holgate flatters to deceive imo. Zouma is real quality.

Yep, this is what we gain over the other top six. None of them are bringing players through right now from their youth teams, they're having to pay £20m etc for players for these positions instead.

I just don’t think it’s true. We may have a weaker squad so it’s easier to win a place, but I don’t think we have the best youth system out of the top six. If you look at each side there are the likes Kane, Rashford, Lingard, winks, Trent Alexander Arnold. All england players. We haven’t been that successful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back