Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. We are a team on the up with no demands on title challenges. He could wilt there.

He is respected, loved by the manager and a key figure moving forward.

That’s the problem though. Players will still think they’ve got more CL, trophy chances at Utd rather than us but yes he does appear happy here and Silva will be the key to him signing on the dotted

That’s the problem though. Players will still think they’ve got more CL, trophy chances at Utd rather than us but yes he does appear happy here and Silva will be the key to him signing on the dotted

Things are changing here.

New money, new stadium, new management structure.

It was absurd to think players would join Manchester City a decade ago.

We are very close (closer than I expected tbh) to matching the so called 'big 6'.

A tweak here and there and we can match 5 of them.

I’d be more than happy if the only bit of major business we did was signed Gomes on a permanent.

A striker is without a doubt the clubs biggest issue, however the quick mid season fixes don’t often work out in the long run eg, Jelavic, Niasse & Tosun. I only want to bring in a striker if they’re proven top level class, we’ve got to be willing to spend serious money on a striker.

I’d be more than happy if the only bit of major business we did was signed Gomes on a permanent.

A striker is without a doubt the clubs biggest issue, however the quick mid season fixes don’t often work out in the long run eg, Jelavic, Niasse & Tosun. I only want to bring in a striker if they’re proven top level class, we’ve got to be willing to spend serious money on a striker.

Agreed, our focus must be to retain Gomes, above everything, theres talk of Sniderat and Niasse getting punted, those sales might possibly fund the Gomes deal if the figures mentioned are true.

Our current squad is more than capable of retaining 6th, keep our powder dry when theres better options available in the summer.

But we just dont know how utterly superb the boy Brands is, he might actually be the best EVER.

James Rodriguez is probably leaving Bayern in January due to lack of playing time. Makes a lot of sense to look at bringing him in. His careers has faltered a little the last couple of years but we have a world-class manager and not far off a team challenging for the league title, so we're as an attractive a proposition as anything out there right now for him. I'd love to see us going in big and offering to match (or better!) his Bayern salary. At the very least get him in on loan and then sell the club to him in-person as he tears up the league.

some people are just terrible at WUMing

Agreed, our focus must be to retain Gomes, above everything, theres talk of Sniderat and Niasse getting punted, those sales might possibly fund the Gomes deal if the figures mentioned are true.

Our current squad is more than capable of retaining 6th, keep our powder dry when theres better options available in the summer.

But we just dont know how utterly superb the boy Brands is, he might actually be the best EVER.

The last bit is key. You don't have to spend £100m to find £100m players.

You have to find them before others do.

I think Brands will do thorough and intensive investigations. Ability, Character and temperament. Will they like living here and want the club to succeed.

I trust him 100% to deliver.

Joyce saying that Niasse and Morgan are likely to leave, with us confident of getting Andre Gomes permanently and looking for a striker.

Great news all round really. Wouldn’t be surprised if we can get £15m for Niasse from a desperate side and £20m+ for Morgan as he’d probably do well in France.

Getting a new, and more importantly the right, striker in would transform us.

Cenk getting barely any gametime shows that Marco isn’t convinced so I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he leaves in the next two windows.

Onyekuru yet to arrive and may do very well with the midfield that we have, but Gomes and another quality CF in the summer would be great business.
No doubt Brands will have it all in hand though.

Joyce saying that Niasse and Morgan are likely to leave, with us confident of getting Andre Gomes permanently and looking for a striker.

Great news all round really. Wouldn’t be surprised if we can get £15m for Niasse from a desperate side and £20m+ for Morgan as he’d probably do well in France.

Cenk getting barely any gametime shows that Marco isn’t convinced so I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he leaves in the next two windows.

I trust Brands to find us the right striker.

He will have the lowdown on Lozano at PSV, whether he could deliver here.

I expect a name out of leftfield too.

Of the teams in France that can afford to spend 20 mil on a player I doubt Schneiderlin would be a player worth them doing so

The striker's gonna be a tough one. I like Jovic a lot but he benefits from having a target man (and a very good one at that) next to him, so it's hard to judge whether he'd fit into our system. I wouldn't be too against getting a striker who's perhaps a little older but proven for the short term, as long term I think Richarlison is going to become a very good striker.

I just can’t see us getting 20m for schniderfraud I hope but doubt it 10-12m tops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back