Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you suggest?

I'm not convinced on Gabigol and not even sure there's anything in the links, but it's actually about a very particular style - and quality - of player that is needed for that role.

No point in the striker being slow and only able to slot from inside the box, we have that already.

We need a player who can do what Richarlison does, which is create space for others by dragging defences all over the place. That's how Silva's system works.

Added to that, we need that player to be able to slot and get in the positions that Richarlison doesn't always manage.

So we need Harry Kane then

Yeah, we have about 15 players or deadwood... But people want us to sell someone in the first XI, bizarre.
Yep, although that approach made sense years ago when our reserves were worth zero and we sold one top player to buy 3 new ones, but we are not in that position now.

Is Barbosa actually any good these days?
Excellent in Brazil
Poor in Europe
Maybe he misses his MAMMYs cooking
Failed to settle in Portugal so it’s not a language thing
It may work out here with a couple of Brazilians and a few Portuguese speakers in the squad , plus a manager who seems to gain the trust of the players , but I’d only go for a loan not an outright deal
However in Brands we trust

Who would you suggest?

I'm not convinced on Gabigol and not even sure there's anything in the links, but it's actually about a very particular style - and quality - of player that is needed for that role.

No point in the striker being slow and only able to slot from inside the box, we have that already.

We need a player who can do what Richarlison does, which is create space for others by dragging defences all over the place. That's how Silva's system works.

Added to that, we need that player to be able to slot and get in the positions that Richarlison doesn't always manage.
I think that’s the type of striker him and Brands will be looking at. A Werner type. Maybe it will be difficult in January to buy one. So loaning Barbosa and having a look at him may not be a bad idea. Not seen much of him, but he’s a quick forward from what I’ve read.

Getting him on loan and buying Lozano would be a good January.

Dont know but Brands surely must have a list of decent targets?

Off the top of my head

Werner
Dzeko
Rashford
Willian Jose
Belotti
Batshuyai
Bacca

You're just listing strikers though.

The important thing is the type of player, mate. Yesterday proved that.

Dzeko is ace, but is he going to offer what Richarlison does? No, he isn't.

It's not just as simple as a striker coming in. I feel it has to be a very specific type of player, because it's that type of player that makes Silva's system tick.

I actually think Willian Jose is a good fit. Someone strong who can hold the ball a bit, can distribute to spring Walcott / Richy, and can get on the end of a cross for heavens sake.

You're just listing strikers though.

The important thing is the type of player, mate. Yesterday proved that.

Dzeko is ace, but is he going to offer what Richarlison does? No, he isn't.

It's not just as simple as a striker coming in. I feel it has to be a very specific type of player, because it's that type of player that makes Silva's system tick.

Need to have pace
Need to be able to press from the front all game
Needs to be skillful enough and clever enough to link up play.
Needs to be smart enough to adapt to the system.
Needs to be a 1:2 type scorer (15 goals a season etc) ideally.

Basically that's ofc the top of my head tge type of requirements I'd think Silva would need for any striker we spent decent t wedge on. Can pretty much rule out most of the striker shouts on here really.

Callum Wilson you be good for us but would cost 25-30Mil because he's English.

Don't watch much European football unless is champions league or Europa league anymore. Always dodgy buying from abroad as has been seen with Tosun. Like @sageyefc said before Rodrigo. Fast and a good finisher. Will cost a few quid as a Spanish international but with Valencia going out the champions league it could be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back