Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Tosun and Lookman out and go for Timo Werner up front and Lingard or Zaha out wide right. That's if we're serious about doing something.

The only good thing about tonight is that it will definitely see us sign a striker in January.

If we have enough funds in the kitty for a top one is for another discussion.

Realistically - Tosun, Niasse and Schnerderlin out the door see's about £30 million in fees and about 250k off the wage books.

If we could splash out £60-70 million on Werner it would be a massive statement of intent.

Otherwise £35-40 million on someone like Dzeko would be equally fantastic business.

I just dont want us spending £15-20 million on some punt like Barbosa who could end up another Tosun/Niasse/Traore

The only good thing about tonight is that it will definitely see us sign a striker in January.

If we have enough funds in the kitty for a top one is for another discussion.

Realistically - Tosun, Niasse and Schnerderlin out the door see's about £30 million in fees and about 250k off the wage books.

If we could splash out £60-70 million on Werner it would be a massive statement of intent.

Otherwise £35-40 million on someone like Dzeko would be equally fantastic business.

I just dont want us spending £15-20 million on some punt like Barbosa who could end up another Tosun/Niasse/Traore

Let's hope the DoF hasn't been sitting still since end of summer and he's sorted deals out for that lot elsewhere.

We need a minimum of a striker but realistically a quality wide man too.

I'm not sure about Tosun really, he was a bit of a panic buy, he came up with a few goals, but other than that he's largely been forgettable. The problem is I can't really think of a striker I'd want for a reasonable price. A lot of the players are either dross or playing for bigger clubs and wouldn't come to us. I know it's unlikely to happen, but I wouldn't mind Rashford or somebody like that. I can't really think of who we could sign up front in a short period like January. Giroud would be perhaps worth looking into maybe somebody like that.

We can't be selling our best players.

There is plenty of dross in our squad, and a lot of them also on loan, that can provide a boost to funds and trim the wage bill.

I think, and believe we are/will be, looking to trim the squad overall and fill it with more quality.

Selling someone like Gana who's one of our first names on the teamsheet does not meet this criteria.
Agreed but Torreira might have flopped badly. Ndombele might not light up this league.

For every Viera there is a Nyarko.

I would say Ganas worth on the pitch outways the potential fee at this moment in time. Just imo.
Just stop. Gana is plenty good. Torreira has some class on the ball, but he is nowhere near the disruptive force that Gana is in his own end. No where near.

Gana won't be first choice come next season. Silva's got plans to replace him, Mark my words. The lads top quality at interceptions and tackling but he's got nothing else to his game and if we want to progress we need better then him.

Defensively he's top of the pops but when were in possession he's a hinderence to silvas style of play. I'm sure they'll be looking for a center mid who can effect the game defensively and offensively.

A striker and Gomes signed in Jan please.

Then again who can we realistically get? Whoever comes in has got to be the right fit, any up and coming Agueros knocking about lads?

agree with what everybody is saying, we need a striker desperately and I am sure we will get one. Schnids will be gone. I would deffo start talking to Barca about Gomes but sign him in the summer so we don't blow our January budget on him with financial fair play being a thing these days. Summer will do fine as he here till then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back