Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t reply, but anyone who thinks gana is the best defensive midfielder in league is mental, Kante is also better, obviously has been playing in a different position this season. Torreia at Arsenal also better imo, the kid is 22 will be streets ahead of gana in 2 years.

I would like Ndombele here. I have admittedly only seen him in the CL matches but he has looked superb.

I am certain we are looking for a powerful No6. Upon arrival, Silva name dropped Schniederlin as being his important midfielder. Sadly his form just fell off a cliff after an initial purple patch. He will be replaced as a priority.

Gana is excellent at what he does and has a few years left in him. I see no problem in strengthening that position though.

Why are people talking about selling Gana?

1. Absolutely no links out there with him moving away

2. He's currently in the starting 11 each week

3. There are 2 other CM in Schnerderlin and Besic who will definitely be leaving in the next 2 windows

4. If we get Europa League next season we'll need atleast 4 CM's (Gomes, Gana, Davies, McCarthy)

if we lose McCarthy aswell we'll likely buy a top replacment and have them in the starting 11 with Gana on the bench.

Either way he aint leaving so no point discussing it.

From Silva's comments today it sounded more like he wants a Winger than a striker, hopefully we sign both if the money is there.

Gana has been linked with PSG, not a great link, but its there.

I didn’t reply, but anyone who thinks gana is the best defensive midfielder in league is mental, Kante is also better, obviously has been playing in a different position this season. Torreia at Arsenal also better imo, the kid is 22 will be streets ahead of gana in 2 years.

I said in summer id like him...only issue with torreira is hes tiny...class but small.

Why are people talking about selling Gana?

1. Absolutely no links out there with him moving away

2. He's currently in the starting 11 each week

3. There are 2 other CM in Schnerderlin and Besic who will definitely be leaving in the next 2 windows

4. If we get Europa League next season we'll need atleast 4 CM's (Gomes, Gana, Davies, McCarthy)

if we lose McCarthy aswell we'll likely buy a top replacment and have them in the starting 11 with Gana on the bench.

Either way he aint leaving so no point discussing it.

From Silva's comments today it sounded more like he wants a Winger than a striker, hopefully we sign both if the money is there.
Gana has been linked with PSG, not a great link, but its there.

Yep PSG.

I said in summer id like him...only issue with torreira is hes tiny...class but small.

We lack height as a team. I think Silva wants a big, dominant midfielder at 6.

Gana has been excellent this season and is an important member of the team.

The likes of Schniederlin and McCarthy should be making way.

We lack height as a team. I think Silva wants a big, dominant midfielder at 6.

Gana has been excellent this season and is an important member of the team.

The likes of Schniederlin and McCarthy should be making way.

Depends if PSG come in for Gana or we can upgrade but need to sell him to raise the funds.

Schneiderlin mccarthy and besic would bring in around £25mil i guess...add Gana and it becomes a big chunk.

Depends if PSG come in for Gana or we can upgrade but need to sell him to raise the funds.

Schneiderlin mccarthy and besic would bring in around £25mil i guess...add Gana and it becomes a big chunk.

If we got £25m for McCarthy and Morgan we wouldn't need to move Gana on. We need a squad of quality. Get rid of the passengers.

I just think we have 6 CM, one of those is on loan, and 3 others are likely to be sold in the next window or two. I just cant see Gana then going as it leaves just Davies and we likely will have Europe to contend with next season.

I would rather we kept Gana myself, but if PSG come in and Brands thinks he can "do better" with the money offered, then, it is what it is.

I would rather we kept Gana myself, but if PSG come in and Brands thinks he can "do better" with the money offered, then, it is what it is.

Agreed.

Every player has a price. The price isn't about monetary gain. A top quality DOF would have all bases covered in regards to an unexpected big offer coming in for someone.

Agreed although I honestly dont believe PSG are interested, anyone who takes a random twitter account as gospel is only setting themselves up for a fall imo.

+ Besic.

I guess it depends on whether you want Gana + a £25mil player or to see what brands can do with £50mil+

I would keep Gana at £25m

He fits in here and is settled. If we sold Besic and the other 2 for £25m+, I expect Brands would be given £50m+ to strengthen, if not more.

If we got an offer closer to £50m for Gana, then you might look at what could be invested. He is an important first teamer in a very tough, high profile league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back