Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, one of the crap strikers would be replaced by a top striker. The other one would be replaced by Welbeck.

marcel brands defo doesn't seem the sort to be shelling out 175k a week on old perma crocks.

Welbeck is never happening. thank god

marcel brands defo doesn't seem the sort to be shelling out 175k a week on old perma crocks.

Welbeck is never happening. thank god

We will see. You have to create false wage figures in order to make the possibility seem more remote than it is.

30 million in the bank and Welbeck on the bench sounds like very good business to me.

We will see. You have to create false wage figures in order to make the possibility seem more remote than it is.

30 million in the bank and Welbeck on the bench sounds like very good business to me.
that's what welbecks agent would demand. ex man united and arsenal player .. defo 175k a week.

absolutely mental

Love your last paragraph about brands needing to be screwd, whilst previously stating welbeck would be good business, in what world is significantly a player on 100k+ per week, who would require a large signing fee and who is ibjured 75% of the time, and when not injured is an absolutely woeful player good business?
You don’t know what wage he would be on or his signing on fee, basically niasse has already cost us 20mil and Tosun’s whole deal probably between 40/50mil.

With his injuries, I doubt many teams will be chucking big money at him, probably a pay as you play deal, I’m not his biggest fan, I just think we will have to raise money.

My main point, was we need a top class striker, but also back up. DCL needs a loan imo and niasse isn’t good enough. So the only option is keep Tosun, who I don’t think suits silva’s style. And maybe we could get a chunk of our money back.

Good god it’s silly season again “let’s sell all our best players because they’re over 25 and replace them with untested kids”

I’m out.

You think he is better than Fernandinho ?
I didn’t reply, but anyone who thinks gana is the best defensive midfielder in league is mental, Kante is also better, obviously has been playing in a different position this season. Torreia at Arsenal also better imo, the kid is 22 will be streets ahead of gana in 2 years.

His agent can demand all he wants. Nobody is going to pay 175k a week for Welbeck. Nobody.

Someone desperate like Newcastle or West Ham might.

I would hope we are looking at undiscovered superstars rather than players who are considered surplus at the club(s) just above us in the table. A prime example would be Walcott.

Arguably the best player in his 1st 4 months under Sam. Now looks a weak link when going head to head, as we have done, with our peers in the top 6.

Why are people talking about selling Gana?

1. Absolutely no links out there with him moving away

2. He's currently in the starting 11 each week

3. There are 2 other CM in Schnerderlin and Besic who will definitely be leaving in the next 2 windows

4. If we get Europa League next season we'll need atleast 4 CM's (Gomes, Gana, Davies, McCarthy)

if we lose McCarthy aswell we'll likely buy a top replacment and have them in the starting 11 with Gana on the bench.

Either way he aint leaving so no point discussing it.

From Silva's comments today it sounded more like he wants a Winger than a striker, hopefully we sign both if the money is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back