Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought doucoure was poor last night. I know he was up against a very good side.

He does get around the pitch, very strong and fit, but technically I thought he was poor, gave the ball away loads. Definitely not worth a big outlay imo.
Wasn’t he their man of the match? Who looked better on Watford? You think Gana stinks and now Doucoure isn’t worth a big outlay? You are nuts.

I see we are being linked with signing Welbeck on a free next summer. I think that would be a good move, as we could sell Tosun and Niasse for 30 million and bring in Welbeck on a free.
Not for me. We already have a Welbeck type player in DCL. At least DCL has potential upside but Welbeck isn't getting any better.

If we're serious about challenging for CL places, the next striker we bring on has to be a level above Welbeck I'm afraid.

Wasn’t he their man of the match? Who looked better on Watford? You think Gana stinks and now Doucoure isn’t worth a big outlay? You are nuts.
I don’t really care who the best player was , but doucoure had a bad game. As for gana I don’t think he stinks at all, just don’t think he’s a good as you make out. Let’s not forget you said he was our best player not long ago.

Not for me. We already have a Welbeck type player in DCL. At least DCL has potential upside but Welbeck isn't getting any better.

If we're serious about challenging for CL places, the next striker we bring on has to be a level above Welbeck I'm afraid.

I agree. But we are talking about replacing expensive reserves (Tosun and Niasse) with a free transfer. There's still a need to sign a first choice striker.

I agree. But we are talking about replacing expensive reserves (Tosun and Niasse) with a free transfer. There's still a need to sign a first choice striker.
I can see the logic in this, we obviously haven’t got endless funds, also there is FFP.

We got a player on a free last summer and 2 on loan. I still want us to get a top class striker, but welbeck as a free as back up isn’t a bad idea.

It’s like the midfield, if we lose Schneiderlin, McCarthy and besic. I wouldn’t mind Herrera the Mexican midfielder who’s available on a free. I know he’s 29 in the summer, but would be a good squad player , I was impressed at the World Cup.

I think Brands will need to be shrewd With his buying and selling as we move forward.

Worse scoring ratio than either, would be on way more money than either and he's forever broken.

I'm not convinced that he will be on more money than Tosun and Niasse combined, and I think he will be on a similar wage to Tosun on his own.

He's spent his career sitting on the bench for two of the biggest clubs in Europe, so he seldom gets the opportunity to put a run together.

I don't think he is boss, I think that he is equally as crap as Tosun and Niasse. But we could bring him in on a free, and flog Niasse and Tosun for 30 million.

He's still too similar to DCL for me who we already have in a back up role. He's probably better than DCL at the moment, but doesn't have his potential upturn.

Welbeck will want to play too. He won't be happy being back up.

Worse scoring ratio than either, would be on way more money than either and he's forever broken.
Said on Jim White that he has had nearly 3 seasons out with injury whilst just at Arsenal! Don't see this at all, would be a poor signing imo, Tosun might be a bit hit and miss but at least when we signed him he was top scorer in the CL, Welbeck is just sh*te

I can see the logic in this, we obviously haven’t got endless funds, also there is FFP.

We got a player on a free last summer and 2 on loan. I still want us to get a top class striker, but welbeck as a free as back up isn’t a bad idea.

It’s like the midfield, if we lose Schneiderlin, McCarthy and besic. I wouldn’t mind Herrera the Mexican midfielder who’s available on a free. I know he’s 29 in the summer, but would be a good squad player , I was impressed at the World Cup.

I think Brands will need to be shrewd With his buying and selling as we move forward.

Love your last paragraph about brands needing to be screwd, whilst previously stating welbeck would be good business, in what world is significantly a player on 100k+ per week, who would require a large signing fee and who is ibjured 75% of the time, and when not injured is an absolutely woeful player good business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back