Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zat for the last time we are not selling Gana
Buying an understudy possibly
Buying someone to rotate with him in certain games maybe
Selling him is not an option
I would agree 90% but everyone has a price. And if a big offer comes in who knows, especially with him turning 30 in the summer

Won’t happen
He is too vital for us at the moment
He allows Gomes to spread his sexiness all over the pitch
I suppose it depends how much money we have. I don’t think Brands would think twice about selling a first team player, if a big offer came in. And he thinks he could improve the team, with that money.

It's not a position where age matters as much though

Makélélé was joining Chelsea at Gana's age and had five successful years there

Defensive midfield is not a position where age is as much of a factor
I disagree slightly, gana will not be able to do what he’s doing now, at 34. Also makelele was surrounded by world class players

It's not a position where age matters as much though

Makélélé was joining Chelsea at Gana's age and had five successful years there

Defensive midfield is not a position where age is as much of a factor
Agreed
While he is not as vital against the lesser sides the work he does against the better sides and away from home is invaluable
Granted on the ball he is not perfect but what he brings to the team as a unit can’t be underestimated

Well give us a couple more windows and Gana might have some good players around him too

Very premature to discuss cashing in on/culling him at the moment, especially when he's so pivotal to how we play
Like I said I doubt it wil happen. But I also think gana isn’t the number 6 Silva wants, I think he definitely wants someone technically better for that role. We will see

Like I said I doubt it wil happen. But I also think gana isn’t the number 6 Silva wants, I think he definitely wants someone technically better for that role. We will see
It’s very likely Silva does want someone more technical for that role at times
However in certain games Gana is the ideal player in that role at this moment in time.
So if another No6 is bought I would say it will be as a rotation choice not as a swap
Why would you sell the best player in his position in the league.
Kante is obviously a better DM but doesn’t play there under Sarri

It’s very likely Silva does want someone more technical for that role at times
However in certain games Gana is the ideal player in that role at this moment in time.
So if another No6 is bought I would say it will be as a rotation choice not as a swap
Why would you sell the best player in his position in the league.
Kante is obviously a better DM but doesn’t play there under Sarri
I guess that Egyptian fella would be a decent back up for when Kane's injured.
Mido?

Getting on a bit isn't he?

Wouldn't be in January if they did mate. He's contracted to us for the whole season.
Maybe they were just having a look at us as we are improving and they are playing us shortly , or maybe just wanted to see a good match or maybe he just fancied a bit of brass and Lemo on Matthew Street.
Who knows but I can tell you Levy won’t be paying 30m for a near 30yr old and they can’t sign Gomes

I see we are being linked with signing Welbeck on a free next summer. I think that would be a good move, as we could sell Tosun and Niasse for 30 million and bring in Welbeck on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back