Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced that he will be on more money than Tosun and Niasse combined, and I think he will be on a similar wage to Tosun on his own.

He's spent his career sitting on the bench for two of the biggest clubs in Europe, so he seldom gets the opportunity to put a run together.

I don't think he is boss, I think that he is equally as crap as Tosun and Niasse. But we could bring him in on a free, and flog Niasse and Tosun for 30 million.
I understand your thinking but regardless of whether he's free or not I don't particularly think he'll add anything to our squad considering the likely wage and sign on fee.

Be better putting those things towards a top striker, gomes and a right back

I would keep Gana at £25m

He fits in here and is settled. If we sold Besic and the other 2 for £25m+, I expect Brands would be given £50m+ to strengthen, if not more.

If we got an offer closer to £50m for Gana, then you might look at what could be invested. He is an important first teamer in a very tough, high profile league.

Hes 30 soon...hes never going to fetch £30mil+ and that may be a stretch.

Look at Torreira hes next level class and went for less...ndombele the same and double. Gana isnt as good as either and is 8 years + older

I would keep Gana at £25m

He fits in here and is settled. If we sold Besic and the other 2 for £25m+, I expect Brands would be given £50m+ to strengthen, if not more.

If we got an offer closer to £50m for Gana, then you might look at what could be invested. He is an important first teamer in a very tough, high profile league.

You would think the Besic fee, which will sadly be buttons and the Sniderrat fee will be put towards the Gomes fund.

I think its unlikely we would offload Besic, Morgan and McCarthy, cos that would leave us VERY light.

Currently we are being very, very, VERY lucky with injuries and suspensions, but the hectic Xmas period will highlight the benefits of a good squad im almost certain.

We can't be selling our best players.

There is plenty of dross in our squad, and a lot of them also on loan, that can provide a boost to funds and trim the wage bill.

I think, and believe we are/will be, looking to trim the squad overall and fill it with more quality.

Selling someone like Gana who's one of our first names on the teamsheet does not meet this criteria.

Look at Torreira hes next level class and went for less...ndombele the same and double. Gana isnt as good as either and is 8 years + older

Agreed but Torreira might have flopped badly. Ndombele might not light up this league.

For every Viera there is a Nyarko.

I would say Ganas worth on the pitch outways the potential fee at this moment in time. Just imo.

Just stop. Gana is plenty good. Torreira has some class on the ball, but he is nowhere near the disruptive force that Gana is in his own end. No where near.

Will be interesting to see how we spend in the transfer window.

Say we get shot of Niasse, Tosun and Schnerderlin for say £25-30 million with Mosh making the rest up to say a £40-50 million budget.

Do we:

A. Sign a £40-50 million centre forward of known quality

Or

B. sign a risk centre forward like barbosa for £20 million and go for someone like Lozano for RW for £30 million and try strengthen two areas of our front 4?

I personally hope we go for A as Walcott is good enough to last until the summer imo especially if Richarlison was to move out wide left permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back