Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working solely on the logic of goals, which it appears you're suggesting, then Lookman has five goals (in Germany) in the last two seasons. So you're saying...

Not really, more so that it appears people rate walcott as he scores goals...but he doesnt any more now than before.

Lookmans strike rate in germany is ridiculous.

But 100% correct!

Walcott is off blob at the moment, but his form will return

Lookman needs to take his chance but continues to look average and ineffective! At the moment he is just a prospect!

How can you say he looks average and ineffective when hes done more in his cameos than walcott in numerous games...

Not really, more so that it appears people rate walcott as he scores goals...but he doesnt any more now than before.

How can you say he looks average and ineffective when hes done more in his cameos than walcott in numerous games...

Mate, I watch the games and that’s how I can say, I admire your conviction but at present he isn’t all what you believe he is.

Impact sub when defenders are tired, ineffective from the start and subbed!

I hope Lookman is replaced by the likes of Lozano ( not like for like I know) but that is a great upgrade

Yes, some may do that; admittedly, his finishing has been poor as of late. But, that's not the only string to his bow and instead he offers in many others ways.

Namely, these are his pace on the counter, his ability to get in and behind defences - stretching them - and his overall work rate when we haven't got the ball.

I would actually say he fits into our system more than Lookman does, hence why at the moment he's starting more games and Lookman is used as an impact sub.

If Walcott can improve his finishing, then he'll be a completely different threat as he does give defences a lot of trouble with his movement and his passing.

Lookman's five goals in Germany is great, but we haven't seen it here (like with Walcott as of late), so it's not something I am going to shout the rafters about.

As well, Walcott is making lots of chance which he is unfortunately not taking, yet is Lookman getting into those finishing positions? So let's be reasonable.

He's earnt his chance through his substitution performances and is great player for the future, which should be acknowledged, but he's far from the finished article.

Yes, some may do that; admittedly, his finishing has been poor as of late. But, that's not the only string to his bow and instead he offers in many others ways.

Namely, these are his pace on the counter, his ability to get in and behind defences - stretching them - and his overall work rate when we haven't got the ball.

I would actually say he fits into our system more than Lookman does, hence why at the moment he's starting more games and Lookman is used as an impact sub.

If Walcott can improve his finishing, then he'll be a completely different threat as he does give defences a lot of trouble with his movement and his passing.

Lookman's five goals in Germany is great, but we haven't seen it here (like with Walcott as of late), so it's not something I am going to shout the rafters about.

As well, Walcott is making lots of chance which he is unfortunately not taking, yet is Lookman getting into those finishing positions? So let's be reasonable.

He's earnt his chance through his substitution performances and is great player for the future, which should be acknowledged, but he's far from the finished article.

if waclott was going to improve his finishing, he'd have done it by now. It's the same story as at arsenal hence why he could never nail down a first team spot. He's a good squad player for us, but i said when we bought him he'd hopefully be a stop gap for a couple of years and then become a backup if we had serious ambitions.

@Rook was the first person to ever mention Lozano.

Most of the US posters spotted him before his move to PSV.

You jumped onboard the train after he was linked to us for 42m, admit Zat, you only know about players till you read about them.
Think you'll find I suggested him in January 2015!

I want to see Lookman start on the left so he can be assessed in his best position. He is a tricky winger who will create by cutting in. The problem for him is that is probably Richarlison best position and with Sigurdsson being so good at 10 playing on the left is where Bernard is going to get game time so getting an opportunity there will be difficult.

Mate, I watch the games and that’s how I can say, I admire your conviction but at present he isn’t all what you believe he is.

I hope Lookman is replaced by the likes of Lozano ( not like for like I know) but that is a great upgrade
Ineffective from the start in his league cup game and single premier league start.

Just mentioned in the Cenk thread but I've lost count of the amount of chances we get from Walcott running in that right channel between their full-back and CBs.

Lookman just doesn't do that (which is fine, it's not his game), but it does leave us with very little in terms of getting in behind a defence.
Why not use Rico in the Walcott role?
He's got enough pace and he is much more likely get dribble round players 1v1 than Walcott

If Leipzig came in with a 30m bid and PSV would sell Lozano for 35/40m to us If I was Marcel id jump at the deal

Lookman is trying to do things at a higher level of difficulty than Walcott.
If Walcott tried to do some on those things he does he'd look like a complete arse.
Walcott's a one and half trick pony, run in behind and if there's no one around, shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back