Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we can all agree that this season we have progressed faster than expected, we should get through Xmas and if we somehow find ourselves in the mix of top 4-6 then we must try and find a striker and challenge. If not then we can wait till summer but gomes in January has to be the priority and if it’s possible then pay whateveritbtakes and get it done, no haggling over 5-10m and waiting till summer, just pay it and secure him

I think we can all agree that this season we have progressed faster than expected, we should get through Xmas and if we somehow find ourselves in the mix of top 4-6 then we must try and find a striker and challenge. If not then we can wait till summer but gomes in January has to be the priority and if it’s possible then pay whateveritbtakes and get it done, no haggling over 5-10m and waiting till summer, just pay it and secure him

The style of play has improved from the bog standard style of Allardyce, but the truth is that we are still only performing at the same level as Bournemouth, Leicester, West Ham, Brighton and Watford. So I really don't understand why some people think we don't need to strengthen in January.

I think it's absolutely imperative to strengthen in January because most of the average clubs in our peer group will do so, never mind the elite, who will no doubt put even further distance between us and them.

I dont agree that we should be bending over backwards to sign Gomes in January either, not when we already have him on loan for the full season. If there is going to be 30/40 million pound + spent this January then it should be going on forwards imo.

The style of play has improved from the bog standard style of Allardyce, but the truth is that we are still only performing at the same level as Bournemouth, Leicester, West Ham, Brighton and Watford. So I really don't understand why some people think we don't need to strengthen in January.

I think it's absolutely imperative to strengthen in January because most of the average clubs in our peer group will do so, never mind the elite, who will no doubt put even further distance between us and them.

I dont agree that we should be bending over backwards to sign Gomes in January either, not when we already have him on loan for the full season. If there is going to be 30/40 million pound + spent this January then it should be going on forwards imo.

If we had our full strength team out from the start we would have beaten all of those teams you mentioned already ,Watford we will see, we were ahead of Man U despite losing to them , our defence has improved heaps from the start we just need the striker you’re talking about , but he has to be good, not another “best of whoever is available in jan” gomes needs signing ASAP, if he carries on gettin MOM for us every week he will have the top 4 after him in the summer .

I would love Lukaku back and if the club, Moshiri and Rom could make amends I think it would benefit both parties.

We would be about 6 points better off than where we are now had Rom been available in the following games:

2-2 Wolves
2-2 Bournemouth
1-3 West Ham
1-1 Huddersfield
1-1 Newcastle

He's also the best striker we could realistically sign.

Walcott Siggurdsson Richarlison

Lukaku

Add a quality RM replacement for Walcott in the summer and that is a quality side right there.

Come home Rom (and shift a few pounds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back