Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love Lukaku back and if the club, Moshiri and Rom could make amends I think it would benefit both parties.

We would be about 6 points better off than where we are now had Rom been available in the following games:

2-2 Wolves
2-2 Bournemouth
1-3 West Ham
1-1 Huddersfield
1-1 Newcastle

He's also the best striker we could realistically sign.

Walcott Siggurdsson Richarlison

Lukaku

Add a quality RM replacement for Walcott in the summer and that is a quality side right there.

Come home Rom (and shift a few pounds)

Are you gonna pay fattybumbum his 250k a week mert?

Are you gonna pay fattybumbum his 250k a week mert?

Think he would drop his wage he'll have to if he ends up leaving Utd as I doubt any of the elite clubs will spend big on him.

Hasn't Brands got a good relationship with Raiola? Any deal you feel would be worked on between these two and Rom goes where Raiola tells him you imagine.

Think he would drop his wage he'll have to if he ends up leaving Utd as I doubt any of the elite clubs will spend big on him.

Hasn't Brands got a good relationship with Raiola? Any deal you feel would be worked on between these two and Rom goes where Raiola tells him you imagine.

Its a no from me.

Brands can do better.

United would want at least 70m and hes an utter bellend.

They were all poor.

Digne has been brilliant, he was dreadful the other day.

Lookman has been on good form from the bench. He was pretty useless the other day. Gomes is great, but even he couldn't find a pinpoint pass. It happens.

Lookman has never once played as a central striker so I don't know why this is suddenly an idea for a game against a Rafael Benitez side that just kicked lumps out of us? Maybe he could do a job but starting there?

I get the point that he would be a threat centrally and I do prefer him left with more licence to drift in, which is why I say maybe he isn't the answer instead of Walcott? Maybe it has to be him alternative with Bernard for now.

Silva's system relies on Richarlison - or that type of player (which for now, we only have Rico) to play as a striker. They have strength, height, athleticism and skill. It gives us a load of options.

Had Rico started centrally the other day, I'd wager Lookman would have had more joy because there'd be more space for him to move into.
Sorry Toff but can't agree with you on this.
Might move it over to the Silva thread.

I would love Lukaku back and if the club, Moshiri and Rom could make amends I think it would benefit both parties.

We would be about 6 points better off than where we are now had Rom been available in the following games:

2-2 Wolves
2-2 Bournemouth
1-3 West Ham
1-1 Huddersfield
1-1 Newcastle

He's also the best striker we could realistically sign.

Walcott Siggurdsson Richarlison

Lukaku

Add a quality RM replacement for Walcott in the summer and that is a quality side right there.

Come home Rom (and shift a few pounds)

He would never come back though, he left us because he's ambitious and he won't be taking that step down immediately.

Its a no from me.

Brands can do better.

United would want at least 70m and hes an utter bellend.

I'll be amazed if he can.

Any striker better than Lukaku will cost £70 million + and will likely already play for a top CL club or want a move to one.

I doubt we have the money to either A. Afford one or B. Attract one.

In my eyes without CL footie/mega money its either Lukaku or some 1 in 30 punt like Tosun/Niasse/Sandro/Traore

Im for one sick of us punting on garbage so its Rom all the way for me.

I'll be amazed if he can.

Any striker better than Lukaku will cost £70 million + and will likely already play for a top CL club or want a move to one.

I doubt we have the money to either A. Afford one or B. Attract one.

In my eyes without CL footie/mega money its either Lukaku or some 1 in 30 punt like Tosun/Niasse/Sandro/Traore

Im for one sick of us punting on garbage so its Rom all the way for me.

Yet brands signed class players in the summer.

Also top forwards can come from smaller teams before they join big clubs.

Yet brands signed class players in the summer.

Also top forwards can come from smaller teams before they join big clubs.

Aye but the centre forward position is the most difficult to find a genuine top quality signing.

Clubs just dont have top Brazilian and French internional strikers sat on their books getting zero game time like Digne, Mina etc. Where.

Top forwards can come from smaller clubs, but 9/10 those top forwards who are top in the farmer leagues of Brazil, Argentina, Holland, Portuguese etc. Often flop and dont make the step up.

If finding a top striker was as easy as some make out why does Chelsea FC have no decent centre forward? Or over half of the premier league?

If itcwas that easy everyone would just go and sign the next Suarez and Messi for 500k and the league would be end to end alas its just not that simple.

Lukaku is the best Everton can get short of an amazing 1 in 100 punt from Brands or a Harry Kane coming through the academy. Hence why Tosun, Sandro, Niasse all came with big reputations and have completely flopped.

Aye but the centre forward position is the most difficult to find a genuine top quality signing.

Clubs just dont have top Brazilian and French internional strikers sat on their books getting zero game time like Digne, Mina etc. Where.

Top forwards can come from smaller clubs, but 9/10 those top forwards who are top in the farmer leagues of Brazil, Argentina, Holland, Portuguese etc. Often flop and dont make the step up.

If finding a top striker was as easy as some make out why does Chelsea FC have no decent centre forward? Or over half of the premier league?

If itcwas that easy everyone would just go and sign the next Suarez and Messi for 500k and the league would be end to end alas its just not that simple.

Lukaku is the best Everton can get short of us amazing 1 in 500 punt from Brands or a Harry Kane coming through the academy.

I doubt we could even attract Lukaku.

I doubt we could even attract Lukaku.

I dont know tbh, the season Rom went was the one we then splurged over £130 million. Since then we spent another £80 million on actual decent players and the media, Klopp, Mourinho have all recently commented on how good a side we are and the "ambition" of the club.

Obviously Jose was making a dig at Utd's board and Klopp was putting pressure on us ahead of the derby however I do feel the media view of EFC this season has changed somewhat.

People forget in Roms last season at the club we signed Williams, Gana (from relegated Villa) and Bolasie. No wonder Rom talked about a lack of ambition. I just think since then and certainly since Brands arrived and the signings we have made this window gone he might be thinking what if he had stayed could we have pushed on.

Its a long shot and Rom is definitely an egomaniac and thinks he could probably do better, however if he and Utd do part ways I doubt many top clubs will be interested for what he would command in terms of wages and transfer fee so you never know if Everton were serious and both parties were willing to bury the past.

I dont know tbh, the season Rom went was the one we then splurged over £130 million. Since then we spent another £80 million on actual decent players and the media, Klopp, Mourinho have all recently commented on how good a side we are and the "ambition" of the club.

Obviously Jose was making a dig at Utd's board and Klopp was putting pressure on us ahead of the derby however I do feel the media view of EFC this season has changed somewhat.

People forget in Roms last season at the club we signed Williams, Gana (from relegated Villa) and Bolasie. No wonder Rom talked about a lack of ambition. I just think since then and certainly since Brands arrived and the signings we have made this window gone he might be thinking what if he had stayed could we have pushed on.

He didnt leave us through a lack of ambition, he left cos United play in the CL and they tripled his wages.

I doubt hes not once gave us a 2nd thought.

I cant work you out, sometimes you come across as a kopite, im almost certain you are trolling in every post, im defo certain that you have multiple bans in your past tho, thats for damn sure.

He didnt leave us through a lack of ambition, he left cos United play in the CL and they tripled his wages.

I cant work you out, sometimes you come across as a kopite, im almost certain you are trolling in every post, im defo certain that you have multiple bans in your past tho, thats for damn sure.

Because I want back the best striker EFC have had since the 80's that makes me a Kopite?

I suggest you read through my posting history if you beleive that as you'll quickly realise how wrong you are.

Im just a realist and know how hard it is to attract a top level CF without CL football whereas some of you lot think Brands has some magical wand and will whisk the next Messi into Finch Farm in Janaury.

The same people also then scoff and turn their noses up (rightly so in fairness) at suggestions for Wilson, Vardy etc. Without realising thats likely the level of striker we are looking at if we dont bring in yet another bum risk signing from abroad - Niasse, Sandro, Tosun, Barbosa? Come on down!

Last edited:

Who are are we thinking Mein MultisCr****ngFrandel, I notice Whistlin' got another ban last night, despicable individual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back