Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a no from me.

Brands can do better.

United would want at least 70m and hes an utter bellend.

I agree he is an absolute whopper but he has scored 25 goals in a season for us. I would use him against the garbage and if he is having a bad day against top 6 at least we now have option of switching Richarlison there. Don't get me wrong if we can find a different player I would pick them every time its just strikers who score 25 a season are rare.

I agree he is an absolute whopper but he has scored 25 goals in a season for us. I would use him against the garbage and if he is having a bad day against top 6 at least we now have option of switching Richarlison there. Don't get me wrong if we can find a different player I would pick them every time its just strikers who score 25 a season are rare.

This in spades.

If we can sign Werner or Dzeko then sound but I doubt we can/will try so either Rom or Barbosa/Callum Wilson its Rom all day for me.

Because I want back the best striker EFC have had since the 80's that makes me a Kopite?

I suggest you read through my posting history if you beleive that as you'll quickly realise how wrong you are.

Im just a realist and know how hard it is to attract a top level CF without CL football whereas some of you lot think Brands has some magical wand and will whisk the next Messi into Finch Farm in Janaury.

The same people also then scoff and turn their noses up (rightly so in fairness) at suggestions for Wilson, Vardy etc. Without realising thats likely the level of striker we are looking at if we dont bring in yet another bum risk signing from abroad - Niasse, Tosun, Barbosa? Come on down!

I realise we are unlikely to get somebody "as good" as Lukaku, it still doesnt mean hes our only option.

I have faith in Brands, but hes not Merlin and whoever he gets will be a major risk, but for many, many, many reasons, I personally dont consider Lukaku a viable option.

I notice you didnt deny you are trolling doh.

Who are are we thinking Mein MultisCr****ngFrandel, I notice Whistlin' got another ban last night, despicable individual

Which fred OrlyVanMultihunter?

Be lucky if he gets 15 goals this season, put it this way, he wont get a goal for every stone the fat munter weighs.

I realise we are unlikely to get somebody "as good" as Lukaku, it still doesnt mean hes our only option.

I have faith in Brands, but hes not Merlin and whoever he gets will be a major risk, but for many, many, many reasons, I personally dont consider Lukaku a viable option.

Be lucky if he gets 15 goals this season, put it this way, he wont get a goal for every stone the fat munter weighs.

Definitely won't get 25 and I hope we don't buy him but I would never say never. I have faith in Brands as well if you look at his business

Mina for Mori
Zouma for Williams
Digne for Martina
Gomes for Klaassen
Richarlison for Bolasie
Bernard for Mirallas

Every single one of them is a big imorovement. You would have took 4/6 but he has actually took a clean sweep!

I have faith in Brands for every position of the squad except the striker department as thats because there is such a lack of good quality strikers out there.

Man City once had Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and Ballotelli on their books

They now have Aguero and Jesus (who isn't top quality yet imo)

Chelsea once had the likes of Drogba

now they have Morata and Giroud

Utd - Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez

Rom, Martial, Rashford not on the same level

Real Madrid dont even have a glut of quality up top compared to players of old.

As others have said if we could sign someone like Werner that would be my first choice, but im doubtful which is why I would go for Rom if he leaves Utd.

Rom gave us 4 seasons whereas Wayne gave us 1 yet people had Rooney back and he was a blue from crocky not a Chelsea fan from Belgium.

I have faith in Brands for every position of the squad except the striker department as thats because there is such a lack of good quality strikers out there.

As others have said if we could sign someone like Werner that would be my first choice, but im doubtful which is why I would go for Rom if he leaves Utd.

Rom gave us 4 seasons whereas Wayne gave us 1 yet people had Rooney back and he was a blue from crocky not a Chelsea fan from Belgium.
Why would we go for Rom, he wanted to leave here 3 months after he sign for us? Also, the way we play at the movement requires major movement from the front 4, Rom is far too lazy to be playing under Silva's system. Most of all there is no way we are going to pay those sort of wages for someone with such poor control and ability on the ball.

Can't really argue with this. But hey silva and brands got us a guy who became brazil's no. 9 within a few months. Let's be fair, the defences in the prem are hardly great atm either, but we'll get something. I just don't believe we'll be getting anyone of note in Jan, might be the summer.

Yeah - the age of one up top has not done the development of top class strikers any favors.

Next level in here..

Rom is so far up his own huge backside he seriously thinks juve would want him

Everton would be last onthe list as it would be admitting to everyone in the game that he isn't good enough for a big team

You make me laugh.

Higuain shouts are just as bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back