Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez mate, you mention some of the best in World football in that list, we’re not gonna get an established striker of that calibre. The best we could hope for would be to buy someone with the potential to be as good. Barbosa may be, Rashford may be. Jesus and Martial too. No they’re obviously not at that level, YET, not many are. But let’s be fair. They are obviously not ‘below Champs League level’.

My point was Man City as a project are to be up there with the 3-4 elite clubs in world football, not to be another run of the mill CL club like Spurs, Roma, Valencia etc.

Jesus is a good player of course he is, but he's not an elite player and if City are serious about winning the CL AND winning the league title you need more than just an injury prone Sergio Aguero as Jesus isn't at that level.

Rememeber when City had Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and Ballotelli all in the same squad? They have mad strength in depth in midfield and defence but not up top and for me Jesus will end up moving on for first team football and we should be all over it when that day comes if we still have garbage up top for us.

I’m sure Gabigol does have something about him, he was getting into the Brazil side at a young age and he’s just got top scorer in Brazil but unless you watch Santos I don’t really know how anyone can be claiming that he’s the answer or how anyone is saying he’s garbage.

There’s virtually no risk to getting him on loan with an option to buy so I’d be all for giving him a chance.

I’m sure Gabigol does have something about him, he was getting into the Brazil side at a young age and he’s just got top scorer in Brazil but unless you watch Santos I don’t really know how anyone can be claiming that he’s the answer or how anyone is saying he’s garbage.

There’s virtually no risk to getting him on loan with an option to buy so I’d be all for giving him a chance.
I look at Coutinho in the same way , big move to Italy at a young age .Struggled at Inter , loaned out twice before Liverpool "took a chance" on him.
If it is Gabigol on a loan with a fixed agreed option to sign him I will trust Brands rather than anyone . He was certainly well thought of only a year or 2 ago.

Although Brands and Silva have been very astute in their signings so far, there next signing might well be their most elusive yet. It is difficult enough for any striker to score goals, but particularly a new one to the Premier League and the intensity it brings. However if we have serious aspirations to secure a top 6 spot this season and ultimately challenge for a top 4 position in the forthcoming seasons, it’s imperative we find a striker who can not only fit into our system it can also score us 15-20 goals a season. It is a big ask, but I have every confidence in Brands and Silva judging by their record so far.

I look at Coutinho in the same way , big move to Italy at a young age .Struggled at Inter , loaned out twice before Liverpool "took a chance" on him.
If it is Gabigol on a loan with a fixed agreed option to sign him I will trust Brands rather than anyone . He was certainly well thought of only a year or 2 ago.

Coutinho wasn't really a flop in Italy, he just wasnt getting game time in their midfield.

From what I've seen of Barbosa he's yet another risk signing like Tosun and Sandro and im sick of us taking punts on the most important position on the pitch.

We need a proper goalscorer.

Coutinho wasn't really a flop in Italy, he just wasnt getting game time in their midfield.

From what I've seen of Barbosa he's yet another risk signing like Tosun and Sandro and im sick of us taking punts on the most important position on the pitch.

We need a proper goalscorer.

What about Icardi from Inter mert?

Would only cost 90m or so, im sure he would love to come and play for Everton.

We could play him up top with Big Rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back