Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coutinho was a flop at Inter....thats why they sold him.

Barbosa is a "proper goalscorer" he is rated better than Everton from Gremio and AC Milan are reported close to signing him for 2o mil.
Gabigol can certainly score goals and I would back Silva & Brands to the hilt if we signed him not a fifa fanboy that knows nowt unless its on a computer screen.

He wasnt a flop I suggest you go read up on Coutinho's time at Inter as he couldn't get in their midfield and was surplus to requirements. If he was a flop a club like Liverpool wouldnt have signed him.

Barbosa is a proper goalscorer in the Brazilian league

Like Tosun was a proper goalscorer in the Turkish league

Like Niasse was a proper goalscorer in the Russian league

All sub standard leagues that carry major risks.

If he signed great stuff I'll support him but I would rather he be brought in as a back up forward on loan with an actual proven goalscorer come in.

And you can knock the fifa fanboy crap on the head, dont even own a game console softie I just know my footie.

He wasnt a flop I suggest you go read up on Coutinho's time at Inter as he couldn't get in their midfield and was surplus to requirements. If he was a flop a club like Liverpool wouldnt have signed him.

If he signed great stuff I'll support him but I would rather he be brought in as a back up forward on loan with an actual proven goalscorer come in.

And you can knock the fifa fanboy crap on the head, dont even own a game console softie I just know my footie.
Neymar scored goals in the Brazilian league

Wow
Dramatic turn around that. Thought you said he was garbage and didnt want a player like him because of the league full of tradesmen he has been top scorer in.
He's a 22 yr old Full capped Brazilian and Olympic Gold medal winner.
Is that the same league that spawned Ronaldo , Ronaldinho , Rivaldo , Neymar , Willian , Jairzinho , Rivelinho , Pele , Eder , Fernandinho , Gabriel Jesus etc etc etc etc.

Btw Richarlison Mina & Bernard from there too.

Stop talking wallop mate.

Neymar scored goals in the Brazilian league

And he also scored them in the big leagues mate.

Im not saying Barbosa is destined to be a flop, but at 22/23 the majority of the top players over there have moved on by that age whereas he has had to return to that division because he never adapted overseas.

Neymar, Richarlison, Jesus all recently moved when they were 19/20 and have scored goals at a higher level. Barbosa struggled to adapt both in Italy and Portugal (not there long granted).

I just think our fans have some backward way of thinking in that any player who is highly rated in a poor league is 75/25 more likely to be a hit than a miss when in reality its the other way around. Those same fans also turn their noses up at players like Wilson, Vardy, Arnautovic who actually would come in to this side and improve us (whilst admittedly being underwhelming in excitement).

If we are to take a punt on anyone abroad it should be someone like Rodrigo, Lopez, Willian Jose or even a big name at a smaller club like Werner (obviously unlikely) who have actually scored and performed in leagues of quality similiar to England. Obviously you still get the chance of a flop (Sandro) but the odds are alot less likely than signings from pub leagues.

T
Wow
Dramatic turn around that. Thought you said he was garbage and didnt want a player like him because of the league full of tradesmen he has been top scorer in.
He's a 22 yr old Full capped Brazilian and Olympic Gold medal winner.
Is that the same league that spawned Ronaldo , Ronaldinho , Rivaldo , Neymar , Willian , Jairzinho , Rivelinho , Pele , Eder , Fernandinho , Gabriel Jesus etc etc etc etc.

Btw Richarlison Mina & Bernard from there too.

Stop talking wallop mate.
o be honest I’m getting a bit posed off with all this slagging off tradesman
Nothing wrong with a hard days homest work
I done with 30 years ago and enjoyed it
Not enough to repeat it but I enjoyed it at the time
Barbosa fits the profile of some of Silvas / Brands signings
Young , made the big move too soon , didn’t settle
But a few Brazilians , a Portuguese superstar in the middle and a Portuguese manager with a reputation of getting players to like and trust him quickly may help him
Bed in quickly

T

o be honest I’m getting a bit posed off with all this slagging off tradesman
Nothing wrong with a hard days homest work
I done with 30 years ago and enjoyed it
Not enough to repeat it but I enjoyed it at the time
Barbosa fits the profile of some of Silvas / Brands signings
Young , made the big move too soon , didn’t settle
But a few Brazilians , a Portuguese superstar in the middle and a Portuguese manager with a reputation of getting players to like and trust him quickly may help him
Bed in quickly
I've not really seen enough of the lad tbh but do know he was very well thought of a year or 2 ago but for someone to call him garbage without any substance is just nutz.
I read a while ago we were interested in Pedro from Fluminense ( i do like him ) until he got badly injured. So it shows Silva/ Brands are looking at that market.

Everton target Wilmar Barrios just got sent off in the Copa Liberadores final in pretty stupid fashion. Just don't see him as being good enough for us, but he'd stop him a RS for sure.

Not really. I know it was a joke, but Jo didn't score much in Brazil at all.

Just about better than 1 in 4 (about 1 in 3.5?) before coming to England. Neymar was roughly 1 in 2. Pretty sure Neymar is more than twice the player Jo ever was though. :D

Thing is, stats might tell you who's maybe worth taking a look at. Nothing more though and they're nothing like enough to tell you whether a player is worth signing.

Just about better than 1 in 4 (about 1 in 3.5?) before coming to England. Neymar was roughly 1 in 2. Pretty sure Neymar is more than twice the player Jo ever was though. :D

Thing is, stats might tell you who's maybe worth taking a look at. Nothing more though and they're nothing like enough to tell you whether a player is worth signing.

Uh, yeah, but in this case the stats told the tale well. Neymar was good, Jo wasn't.

He was meant to be the next big thing a few years back.

No idea how he’s progressed.

Havertz is only 19 now.

Fantastic talent. He's got it all really, big strong skilled player, very good passer, very mobile, intelligent player, just a natural talent.

When he decides to leave Leverkusen, he'll have his pick of clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back