Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasnt a flop I suggest you go read up on Coutinho's time at Inter as he couldn't get in their midfield and was surplus to requirements. If he was a flop a club like Liverpool wouldnt have signed him.

Barbosa is a proper goalscorer in the Brazilian league

Like Tosun was a proper goalscorer in the Turkish league

Like Niasse was a proper goalscorer in the Russian league

All sub standard leagues that carry major risks.

If he signed great stuff I'll support him but I would rather he be brought in as a back up forward on loan with an actual proven goalscorer come in.

And you can knock the fifa fanboy crap on the head, dont even own a game console softie I just know my footie.

Coutinho was there four seasons and was loaned out about three times mid season by them, played hardly any games and was sold at 21 for about 5m quid mate.

They sold him half a season after he had a decent half season loan at a crap Espanol team and could find a team willing to take a small punt on him, how much a flop he was should be evident by the fact they only included an absolute miniscule future sell on percentage with the deal.

If the dictionary definition of flop had a picture it'd be no surprise to see a rare picture of coutinho in a inter shirt alongside it.

To put it in context, Liverpool signed him at the time they where signing players of the calibre of Charlie Adam, Joe Allen and Borini.

There’s no chance we’re ever getting Rom back. I can actually see him going to Real because they really need a proper striker again and would boss that league.

Sevilla have a £30m option to buy Andre Silva which looks great value in today’s market. I don’t think there’s a better striker available for that right now - completely flopped in a poor Milan side but scored goals at Porto and now Sevilla.

Werner is a £50m+ player surely so that’s unlikely.

If we’re going to take a risk then Wesley and Barbosa are the two worth looking at.

200w.gif

No he actually isnt.

Martial
Rashford
Gabriel Jesus

Yes they are good young strikers with big potential but are they on the same level as:

Ronaldo
Messi
Suarez
Aguero
Salah
Diego Costa
Higuain
Sanchez
Kane
Lewandowski
Cavani
Aubaymang
Dybala
Insigne
DCL ( fixed )

Not a chance at present, thats not including players like Mane, Lacazette, Milik, Lukaku, Rodrigo, Firmino, Morata, Alcacer etc.

Rashford has around 20 goals in 91 games for Utd

Jesus is better for City but again its around 1 in every 2.5 which isnt anywhere near the goals the above elite strikers are notching. Jesus will never be a starting player for Man City.

If City are serious about becoming a serious force in Europe in the same bracket as Real, Barca, Juve and Bayern they will need another player like Aguero to fight on all 4 fronts imo.

Fixed mate

:D

As mad as it sounds because his style hinders as much as helps the team he plays for, he’ll only be at top tier clubs for the rest of his career. Real, Juve, PSG, Bayern.

Apart from those sides, maybe a return to Chelsea? They’d pay the fee and wages and Morata is truly one of the worst strikers I’ve seen bought for £50m+.

:D

As mad as it sounds because his style hinders as much as helps the team he plays for, he’ll only be at top tier clubs for the rest of his career. Real, Juve, PSG, Bayern.

Apart from those sides, maybe a return to Chelsea? They’d pay the fee and wages and Morata is truly one of the worst strikers I’ve seen bought for £50m+.
can't see him getting anywhere near a top tier club tbh, reckon Utd is as good as it'll get for him and even there the fans don't really rate him and they look better with him out of the side

i'd take morata on loan if it was an option, he'd almost definitely flop but he could be one of those players who needs to move to a smaller club to get some confidence back. He'd also in no wya suit silva's style though.

i'd take morata on loan if it was an option, he'd almost definitely flop but he could be one of those players who needs to move to a smaller club to get some confidence back. He'd also in no wya suit silva's style though.
So we should sign a player on loan who will definitely flop and won’t suit the managers style but we do offer him the chance to get his confidence back so he can perform much better for his parent club
Fair enough , it’s a new strategy I’ll grant you

So you’d sign a player on massive wages that would almost certainly flop and doesn’t suit our style? Are you steve Walsh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back