Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that Brands has said he wouldn't pay more than €20 million euros for Lozano and wont pay higher than that sort of fee for anyone unproven in one of the top leagues.

There goes the theory of some that Brands will be bringing in top players from under the radar.

Whilst I agree in principle with what he says (would stop us spending money on gash like Tosun and Barbosa) he needs to make the occasional gamble on someone of Lozano's quality imo.

Not sure how you've worked that one out. Surely it says exactly the opposite?

Brands knows it would take £30m to even get PSV to the table, so if he's going to take a gamble on a player from a lesser league, he'd rather it be for £10m than £30m...

I’m putting you on ignore. You are one of the most clueless people on this site. Embarrassing yourself.
I’ll try to hold back my disappointment.

I would encourage many out there to do some research every now and then. Silva’s tactics are well documented and addressed at most stages of his career.

Brands knows it would take £30m to even get PSV to the table, so if he's going to take a gamble on a player from a lesser league, he'd rather it be for £10m than £30m...

Seems to me what he's doing with that interview is trying to reset the negotiating position of the club in relation to the last 3 years.

In other words we will now be negotiating rather than simply paying what the selling club initially states, which at the figures Walsh paid it seemed we where doing.

Namedropping lozano is interesting though in my view

Think ive been accused of being about 5 different posters since I posted about thinking Ings is a decent striker.

I either control half of GOT's accounts or perhaps some on here are a tad paranoid/obsessed.

As I said to one of the lads claiming I was a Red I'll happily meet for a pint before Spurs game if people need my fingerprint and dental records...

Depending on the budget, Ings isn’t the worst shout in the world. I would be hopeful we can draw a better catch respectively we need an Adonis who slots on the regs.

We’ve got other positions to prioritise. I’d be massively surprised if we go spending £40m on a centre back.

He’s a very good player though.

Agreed, Slotting and chance creation is where we need some special talents and an added calmness to midfield to control games.

He can though, his passing is 9/10 (or 8.5/10, according to the stats) just fine.

It's not good enough if he's trying to act as the playmaker, but that's 9/10 not his role now we have Gomes.

As I've discussed on here with @bluestevon earlier (and he raises a good point) when Gana loses possession - for one reason or another - it puts us on the back foot. Either because it's a slack pass when we're trying to push up the field and so are exposed on the break, or because he gives it away in a bad position (personally I feel it's more often the first reason than the second.

He's an excellent player. We can look to upgrade with a player more powerful etc but they will also concede possession, because they're riskier players (i.e. Ndombele, Doucoure).

It’s a squad game, Gana is class in certain games and then in other games his weaknesses/limits are there for all to see.

We do need another Gomes type player in the middle given over the course of a season the need to mix it up. Presently Gana is a big miss each game he misses, however we would be silly to not consider options that would increase points over the season because we like a lad capable of sticking his foot in.

Kante topped it when Leicester won the league and again (1st or 2nd) when Chelsea won the league. It’s definitely not a pointless stat at all, Leicester bought Kante off the back of his tackling numbers and won the league in large part due to the fact Kante consistently tackled anything that moved.

Our game changes when we have Gueye on the pitch. More men commit themselves to attacks knowing that Gueye basically does he job of two men behind them, we leave ourselves more vulnerables to counters but Gueye is better than anyone (besides Kante) at putting a stop to them.

I like Gana, but we do look vulnerable at times with his limitations at utilising the ball. Kante is not only class at winning the ball but it can’t be levelled at him that he then creates problems once he’s in possession as he uses the ball much better. There’s games were teams sit back and this might not be evident as they lack the ability to make us pay, but in the big games we need more on offer from Midfielders. He will still be a big player for us over the season if we get another option - just feel options at CM are worrying if either him or Gomes get injured.

Btw Toff, I still reckon we'll sign that lad, and the fee initially will be very much in the range brands has suggested represents a fair price. Add-ons and sell on etc may inflate it.

No one's paying 40m+ for the lad or close to that, and after their Europe exit this early, PSV will need to raise money this season

Davies / Vlasic = Keep
Gomes = Sign
Lookman = Move to attacking midfield
Baningime / Dowell = Loan

Sigurdsson / Gana / Schneiderlin / Williams / Besic = Sell for total £65-70mil

ACM - Lookman / Vlasic
CM - Gomes / Davies / Vlasic

Sign 2 players plus Gomes.

Sigurdsson has been excellent this season, can’t agree with him going. If better is available in his position by all means upgrade - but we need a squad. Look at the options on the bench, so few actual ways Marco can mix it up. New signings and first teamers moving to the bench changes that.

Btw Toff, I still reckon we'll sign that lad, and the fee initially will be very much in the range brands has suggested represents a fair price. Add-ons and sell on etc may inflate it.

No one's paying 40m+ for the lad or close to that, and after their Europe exit this early, PSV will need to raise money this season

Brands is playing it cute here, driving down not only the price but the players expectations of joining a big team and highlighting relative reduced playing opportunities.

Go head Brands, you big lothario. x

Brands has name dropped both Lozano and Bergwijn in an interview with Voetbal. If he’s serious about signing them he’s certainly not looking at giving his old club a backhander given he’s reluctant to go to €30 mil for Lozano and €20 mil for Bergwijn. Obviously he’s not gonna try drive up the price for them but they would be 2 bargains in this market at those prices - two young wingers with massive futures who play on both flanks.

There’s not a chance that Brands wouldn’t go in for them if he saw PSV entertaining offers at those prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back