Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
His temper has tremendously improved over the years. He used to spit at Club Brugge fans etc... And got cited once about every two weeks for a flailing elbow or something similar. He's a good goal scorer.

Remains the best Anderlecht attacker of the last few years (tbf the competition is quite limited in the recent years...). For that I will always like him. He's not toxic within a team though, like Onyekuru. Dimata has already done better this year comparatively (in less minutes), in a possibly even worse Anderlecht team (I genuinely don't know how they managed to outdo themselves but hey- especially seeing the amount of money they splashed.); he's got ten goals and 4 assists so far. Oh and then you occasionally read [haven't actually seen it] that Lukebakio is doing very well in the Bundesliga, and he was let go for almost 3 million ...

Lad is decent for Fulham, think we would be a big step for him giving we would expect 15-20 goals a season, a figure I believe he couldn’t attain on the regs.

We'd bring in replacements aligned with u25s...

1-- Ive got Gana + Sigurdsson down for £25mil each as both are 29.

2 -- I think Lookman has been best for Leipzig and England u21 in the centre...

3 --

Richarlison - LF / CF
Lookman - LF / ACM
Bernard - LF / ACM
Onyekuru - LF
Vlasic - CM / CF

I think one of Lookman / Onyekuru / Bernard will be sold in the summer.

Vlasic may also be sold of course.

I just really hope we punt the 29 year olds as they have value now...in 12 months time it wont be easy to get decent money for them.

To sell the main contributors to our points would be madness, youth needs opportunities and need to take their chances but we couldn’t expect results to better overthrowing the current elders in the squad.

If anything things would get worse.

Btw Toff, I still reckon we'll sign that lad, and the fee initially will be very much in the range brands has suggested represents a fair price. Add-ons and sell on etc may inflate it.

No one's paying 40m+ for the lad or close to that, and after their Europe exit this early, PSV will need to raise money this season

I think PSV will try to hang on, mate. They'll be going against Ajax for the title and will want to keep him I reckon. I also think Brands knows this. They know that it won't matter if they sell in Jan or the summer. They'll get big money for him either way (whether that's £25m or £35m, which I do think he would easily fetch - he's done it in the CL and has pace/goals = big dollar).

I do think we may be in for him, I just wouldn't expect anything in January. If PSV were miles clear of Ajax, or miles behind, maybe, but they aren't. And it's not like they will have based their entire budget on staying in the CL, either.

No problems mate, I don`t think you need worry too much, as all you have to do is go into the match thread after we`ve lost and see them all queuing up to get onto the clueless list.
Queueing up .........lads are in a mad panic and jumping up and down and pushing people out of the way to get on the clueless list
I mean lads actually are quite serious about sacking Silva before Christmas

Queueing up .........lads are in a mad panic and jumping up and down and pushing people out of the way to get on the clueless list
I mean lads actually are quite serious about sacking Silva before Christmas
Genuinely? I tread carefully in the Everton Only forum during the festive month and into January so I actually miss a lot of the crass waffle that people spout.

At least, it's clear to see that too many people can't handle their ale.

I like Gana, but we do look vulnerable at times with his limitations at utilising the ball. Kante is not only class at winning the ball but it can’t be levelled at him that he then creates problems once he’s in possession as he uses the ball much better. There’s games were teams sit back and this might not be evident as they lack the ability to make us pay, but in the big games we need more on offer from Midfielders. He will still be a big player for us over the season if we get another option - just feel options at CM are worrying if either him or Gomes get injured.
Yup. This is all it is. I like Gana, but he's not Kante. He's not the best DM in the world and recognize he has limitations, but also tremendous positives. I still argue that Gana's offensive limitations are exaggerated, he passes forward more than he's given credit for and occassoinally pulls off a through ball or big switch. His passing stats are decent, he can protect the ball better than he's given credit for. My opinion is that he's good enough for us now and we have bigger needs elsewhere. That's NOT to be confused with me thinking he's world class and irreplaceable.

But I AGREE we need at least another CM that can push the ball forward AND play Gana's position if teams are going to pull a Newcastle and pack it in. Or if he's out - and he's going to miss games playing the way he does. Davies isn't quite that player and we STINK when Gana isn't in there.

I also think Silva would like to counter a bit more than he does now. Having a Doucoure or NDombele type (both super expensive I know) would also allow us to play 2 DMs at times and strike well on the counter a la Doucoure/Capoue at Watford. I love Gomes, but he isn't the quickest and most explosive player. Gomes could also potentially play as a CM in front of two DMs and allow Siggy to take a rest. It would just allow Silva more tactical flexibility and make us a better player.

Not sure how you've worked that one out. Surely it says exactly the opposite?

Brands knows it would take £30m to even get PSV to the table, so if he's going to take a gamble on a player from a lesser league, he'd rather it be for £10m than £30m...

I'll be fuming if the bloke refuses to spend £30 million on Lozano but brings in a bloke from Plumbers FC for £15 million who has a massive chance of flopping.

Very rare these days that top young players go unnoticed especially south americans who are scouted at a very young age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back