Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic had seven attempts on goal in the first half of their 1-1 draw with Wolves, the most of any player in the first 45 minutes of a Premier League game this season. He failed to score."

I remember only 1 weak report of us interested in him, but we need to swerve this one. We miss enough chances already. We need someone who can finish, not this blank firing mess.

I think he is going bargain hunting off the back of his Lozano too high priced comments.

Also, don't think McCarthy will go. Think he has enough to convince Silva he's worth looking at until the summer.
Yes because he can’t wait to give McCarthy A game, the guys a donkey loan in Jan with hopefully selling next summer

Going to be a lot of movement this window i think...

We have 6-8 players who could be loaned/sold and would only need 2/3 to replace them in the squad.

We spent £43mil on Tosun and Walcott last January so if the same amount is made available then we could have a very big pot of cash.

"Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic had seven attempts on goal in the first half of their 1-1 draw with Wolves, the most of any player in the first 45 minutes of a Premier League game this season. He failed to score."

I remember only 1 weak report of us interested in him, but we need to swerve this one. We miss enough chances already. We need someone who can finish, not this blank firing mess.
Be a pointless transfer, he's a watered down Tosun

Going to be a lot of movement this window i think...

We have 6-8 players who could be loaned/sold and would only need 2/3 to replace them in the squad.

We spent £43mil on Tosun and Walcott last January so if the same amount is made available then we could have a very big pot of cash.

Cant see the same amount being available, think most of the money is going to have to come internally the next 2 windows, we have a LOT of players we need to ship out.

He was terrific for them today. Don't let those stats mislead you.

This window I really just see us getting 2 players, a CF and a DM as backup/competition for Gueye. I can see Niasse being sold and DCL going on loan this window while we bring in a top striker. And I can see us loaning out McCarthy, selling Schneiderlin, and getting a "cheap" DM for 10-15 million, with Davies then going out on loan. I would be surprised if we went crazy this window, sold any players who have gotten significant gametime(Toson and Lookman), and did any more than that.

We all know we would love to have the WHOLE squad revamped now, but the last few positions I think come in the summer. RB, get Gomes on a permanent, Lozano(or similar) for RW, and then consider selling Gylfi and getting a top AM.

This window I really just see us getting 2 players, a CF and a DM as backup/competition for Gueye. I can see Niasse being sold and DCL going on loan this window while we bring in a top striker. And I can see us loaning out McCarthy, selling Schneiderlin, and getting a "cheap" DM for 10-15 million, with Davies then going out on loan. I would be surprised if we went crazy this window, sold any players who have gotten significant gametime(Toson and Lookman), and did any more than that.

We all know we would love to have the WHOLE squad revamped now, but the last few positions I think come in the summer. RB, get Gomes on a permanent, Lozano(or similar) for RW, and then consider selling Gylfi and getting a top AM.

The Jan window is going to tell us a lot...

If we just sell / loan those players on the fringes OR we make a statement by offloading someone like Coleman or Walcott which sends a message to the rest of the squad to keep performing.

Also if like the last Jan window Moshiri finds £40mil+ to add to the tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back