Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Tosun might be off in January, left out for "strategic" reasons according to the gaffer, behind DCL and Niasse in the selection, not even on the bench. I don't think we will get our mo ey back on him though

Looks like Tosun might be off in January, left out for "strategic" reasons according to the gaffer, behind DCL and Niasse in the selection, not even on the bench. I don't think we will get our mo ey back on him though
Tosun and Niasse are off, just whether it is January or the summer that is the only question. Guess it depends when they can get their own men in to replace them as to whether both go in January.

Tosun and Niasse are off, just whether it is January or the summer that is the only question. Guess it depends when they can get their own men in to replace them as to whether both go in January.
Happy for them to go provided we have tied up deals for new forwards.
It would be so Everton for them to be sold only for us to end up with no replacements and back to last season having only DCL.

I can't see us spending much this window as there is no point.

We will not make top 4 and we wont get relegated, why not wait until the summer when better players will be available, if we were going to be top 4 or bottom 3 then I could understand some spending, but not in our currrent situation.

We will not make top 4 and we wont get relegated, why not wait until the summer when better players will be available, if we were going to be top 4 or bottom 3 then I could understand some spending, but not in our currrent situation.
Agreed. I think the hope is though that there are good players who are available.
Take Morata at Chelsea as an example. If someone comes in for him, there may be a striker at the buying club who would suit us lovely.
Can see it being late on before we add but would be great if we could get some early business in.

Happy for them to go provided we have tied up deals for new forwards.
It would be so Everton for them to be sold only for us to end up with no replacements and back to last season having only DCL.
Usually, I'd say that would be a typical Everton scenario, yet with Brands firmly holding the transfer reigns I'm fairly confident that it will be managed properly.

If would guarantee one quality addition up front, then I could potentinally see both being sold (or a combination of sale and loan) as we'd have three options.

We won't be spending much, you are correct.

But if there is a chance of a striker then I can see the club moving for one. Realistically niasse will be replaced by onykerwu in the summer so it will be tosun that would be replaced now. You can see the building blocks in place, gomes being a priority to secure , but the first 11 starting to take shape. So replace Coleman sadly , replace Walcott and replace tosun and the first 11 is potentially as strong as anyone outside the top 4 in that scenario which is where we need to be.

The only thing that concerns me is the squad depth being quite poor right now. That will take even longer to sort out.

I think youre right, but the only links away I have seen are for loan moves to Turkey for the pair of them, which I dont think is ideal, because we need to bring others in. probably a striker and a winger, maybe Thorgan Hazard and Gabriel Barbosa? We might be able to get Barbosa on "loan to buy" from Inter, but Hazard will cost money

I think youre right, but the only links away I have seen are for loan moves to Turkey for the pair of them, which I dont think is ideal, because we need to bring others in. probably a striker and a winger, maybe Thorgan Hazard and Gabriel Barbosa? We might be able to get Barbosa on "loan to buy" from Inter, but Hazard will cost money
Cardiff are interested in Oumar apparently

My main hope for this window is we manage to shift some of the junk in the squad on permanent deals. I'm sure we already have about 10 out on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back