Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walcott ain't a central striker.
Richarlison is better out wide..
What's the rush selling 2 players and gettin none in. We ain't strapped for cash.
Richarlison has been starting there ahead of Tosun and Niasse. My point is we wouldn’t miss them and in the unlikely event that DCL and Richarlison both got injured we would still have options.

Playing 3 at the back might allow 2 up front.

That said, I don't like the system at all tbh.
I think silva played this system at hull and at times at Watford.

The problem with the 4231. Siggurdsson seems to play a lot closer to DCL and it forces Richarlison to play more as a left winger/midfielder, when you really want him higher up the pitch. The wing back system or 433 would help Richarlison play higher up imo.

The only thing with the wing back system is maybe buying players that suit the system. Look at Chelsea, players like Luiz and Alonso are probably more suited to 532, Kante doesn’t look at good this season as he has previous.

What ever system we play Silva has to find a system that gets Richarlison up the pitch and takes some of the defensive responsibility off him.

Honestly think 3-4-3 in possession or 5-2-3 out of it is our best formation with these players take off allows two wing backs to bomb on, and your left with two inside forwards and a main striker ,if we get a striker that is better than what we have we can be such a dangerous side to play against

I think silva played this system at hull and at times at Watford.

The problem with the 4231. Siggurdsson seems to play a lot closer to DCL and it forces Richarlison to play more as a left winger/midfielder, when you really want him higher up the pitch. The wing back system or 433 would help Richarlison play higher up imo.

The only thing with the wing back system is maybe buying players that suit the system. Look at Chelsea, players like Luiz and Alonso are probably more suited to 532, Kante doesn’t look at good this season as he has previous.

What ever system we play Silva has to find a system that gets Richarlison up the pitch and takes some of the defensive responsibility off him.

It's a system that definitely can work, but you need the players. Our right side needs improved, as would the striking options.

It's a case of being pragmatic week on week. Some weeks a back 3 could be smart, other weeks it won't. Teams who are focused primarily on aerial threat might be the ones you want to go with the extra centre half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back