Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I care about such things.

Hes the worst player ive witnessed playing for this club.

And im saying he scores goals wherever he plays, he might be a "winger", but the days of the winger finding the touchline and whipping in crosses are gone, hes a wing forward, its his job to score goals.

Playing him as a Striker hinders the team, cos he isnt a Striker, he doesnt know how to lead a line.

Just IMO ofc.
wow, tom davies is by far the worst player ever

Niassestat.jpg

I think statistically Kevin Nugent has the finest goalscoring record of any England player whilst tony Cottee has a better goals per game ratio for Everton than sharp . For me There is more to football than just numbers and stats

Like I care about such things.

Hes the worst player ive witnessed playing for this club.

And im saying he scores goals wherever he plays, he might be a "winger", but the days of the winger finding the touchline and whipping in crosses are gone, hes a wing forward, its his job to score goals.

Playing him as a Striker hinders the team, cos he isnt a Striker, he doesnt know how to lead a line.

Just IMO ofc.
Modern day wingers tend to be at least competent at creating things in addition to scoring and he isn't that. His only assist involved Gylfi going around 4 defenders to finish. Add in that as a team we aren't creating a ton, Digne is our most effective at that, and I don't think we can justify using him as a winger.

True. But greatest need it isn't. DCL and Cenk are options. Not great ones but still. Meanwhile every decent team is decimating our right side and we are on the brink of having a Davies and Schneiderlin midfield. Also we don't create that many chances and we are about to sell Lookman.
I agree Midfield and right back are probably more important now. However to say the striking area doesn't need addressing because of Richarlison's good haul(not always playing up front I might add) and Dom being promising, would be wrong. Richarlison is better from the left, Dom is still learning and we've seen enough of Cenk and Niasse to know they can't operate as a lone strike in this style or team.So yes we need another striker, can we scrape by til the summer ?Yes, but the assumption that everything is ok up front is proven false by the times we have rotated and looked blunt ie against Newcastle or needed a striker off the bench and not really had anyone dangerous. Or the amount of chances we waste

Modern day wingers tend to be at least competent at creating things in addition to scoring and he isn't that. His only assist involved Gylfi going around 4 defenders to finish. Add in that as a team we aren't creating a ton, Digne is our most effective at that, and I don't think we can justify using him as a winger.

Well if he had somebody to actually pass to in the middle he might get more assists.

But thats just it, in modern football the fullbacks are the old school wingers, they do get to the touchline and whip it in.

Most Wingers these days their first aim isnt to get wide, its to cut inside and shoot.

we have options, his name is prince niasse, and for a player who saved us on so many occasions last season his treatment is abhorrent.
He can finish and works hard, however his control is largely shocking. Love the guy for his cameos last year and attitude but he's just not up to the standard we need, even from the bench.

Well if he had somebody to actually pass to in the middle he might get more assists.

But thats just it, in modern football the fullbacks are the old school wingers, they do get to the touchline and whip it in.

Most Wingers these days their first aim isnt to get wide, its to cut inside and shoot.
Of his 9 goals only one is cutting inside though. The rest are finishing crosses or poaching set pieces. I'd much rather take the 30 million or whatever we need to spend to get a proper striker in and use it to get a top class winger who can be that guy that you mention and leave Richarlison in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back