Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something strange I thought, and I have looked at the numbers yet, but Brands said we have 27 players with 2 needing to go out on loan (Dowell and Holgate). Does the 25 remaining include Baningime whose been nowhere near the first-team squads yet?

Amazing how bad he's done. He looked decent in the u21 Euro tournament. I remember a shot he took away at Chelsea which was that bad it went backwards and then he got breathed on and went down like a sack of spuds and I thought "oh dear, here's a player who doesn't fancy it".
There was obviously a reason his transfer fee was so cheap, we're the mug club that jumped at it unfortunately. Probably because he'd played for Barcelona and that was enough

Decent loan. They have Woodburn too from RS if I remember correctly?

He'll be playing for a side really pushing for promotion so good pressure and no games to just slide through, it's make or break for his Everton career now so he has to go there, slot for fun and assist like it's going out of fashion to have any chance of coming back in the summer with us.

There was obviously a reason his transfer fee was so cheap, we're the mug club that jumped at it unfortunately. Probably because he'd played for Barcelona and that was enough

But he did look decent for Malaga though and 17 goals ain't to be sniffed at. The 2/3 games I watched him for Malaga he was so direct and was constantly letting rip with 20 yard blammos.

Oh well, some you and win (never us) and some you lose (mostly us)

But he did look decent for Malaga though and 17 goals ain't to be sniffed at. The 2/3 games I watched him for Malaga he was so direct and was constantly letting rip with 20 yard blammos.

Oh well, some you and win (never us) and some you lose (mostly us)
Ain't that the truth, well hopefully brands is a bit more of a magician than the last clown in that job

I'd class Richarlison as a forward who can play across the line but for me personally I prefer him on the left because he likes to pick the ball and run with it, he can't do that up top. he's scoring though but for me not as effective. I like the lad Bernard also, maybe he wants to fit them in the same team and striker is obvious as we have nobody of a certain level. Not sure where i am going with this and why it's in the transfer thread, oh yeah, we need a striker.

The only possible way I can see is still doing anything this Jan would be if someone who will actually move us forward comes available.

Which is massively unlikely.

So no ins.

Agreed.

The article on brands in the echo seems reasonably clear on his intent.

MB is saying that we shouldn’t be doing any business in December unless we need it. ( a change of ethos) He seems to define ‘needing to’ as if we were circling the drain.

The suggestion seems to be that, for now, we should go with what we have and develop the young talent at the club. He also talks about Greter Steinsson described as his transfer pit bull (a different article) and about going after the players we need, realistic or not.

I’m confident MB and his team are readying the summer incomings and just as importantly, the clear out.... well, as confident as I can be.

I'm liking brands thinking. In January you only usually have two options really, massively overpay, or take a punt (maybe a loan).

Be very interesting to see the statistics he alludes to i.e the cost effectiveness of January signings.

Reality is any players that could improve us right NOW is either unavailable or we'd have to spunk way over the odds on them.

Or we could take a punt on a loan on some lid who might not even be as good as the likes of DCL, Lookman, Davies.

Reality is there is probably no player we could get in that would guarantee we finish higher than were we are now 7th/8th this season.

At least one person at the club has their head screwed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back