Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

I take it back, he was brilliant.
Who was that in nets? Tommy Mhyer? Paul Gerrard?
EVERTON:
Myhre, Thomas, Short (81 Bilic), Watson, Tiler, Ball, Farrelly, Grant (38 Thomsen), Oster, Madar (14 Cadamarteri), Ferguson (16 Sent Off!)
Unavailable: Parkinson, Branch, McCann, Barmby (injured); Southall, Barrett, O'Connor (on loan).

Something strange I thought, and I have looked at the numbers yet, but Brands said we have 27 players with 2 needing to go out on loan (Dowell and Holgate). Does the 25 remaining include Baningime whose been nowhere near the first-team squads yet?

Yes.

26 now.

Manager : Marco Silva

GK
Jordan Pickford
Maarten Stekelenburg
João Virginia

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Leighton Baines
Lucas Digne

CB
Yerry Mina
Kurt Zouma
Mason Holgate
Phil Jagielka
Michael Keane

DM/CM/AM
Morgan Schneiderlin
Idrissa Gueye
Beni Baningime
Tom Davies
James McCarthy
André Gomes
Gylfi Sigurðsson

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman

ST
Cenk Tosun
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Oumar Niasse

Total players: 26
Players culled so far: 1
Players purchased so far: 0

TBC

Interesting. Isn't name dropped for potential like DCL etc, isn't name dropped for a loan like Dowell etc. Wonder where they view him.

EVERTON:
Myhre, Thomas, Short (81 Bilic), Watson, Tiler, Ball, Farrelly, Grant (38 Thomsen), Oster, Madar (14 Cadamarteri), Ferguson (16 Sent Off!)
Unavailable: Parkinson, Branch, McCann, Barmby (injured); Southall, Barrett, O'Connor (on loan).

Paused for reflection after reading that, just to catch my breath. Dark, dark days but actually a decentish starting IX if all available. It was to get worse a few years later.

I think Gana will be sold to pay for a January purchase of Gomes, with Mccarthy set to replace him in the team. Just got a weird feeling that it's all been kept quiet on the Mccarthy situation, because Silva thinks alot of him, but wants to get the most cash for Gueye. Why else would he be willing to let Gueye go, without a straight replacement available, when he's been one of our best players all season? Or is this just me thinking Brands is a total sneaky transfer mastermind?

I think Gana is a completely media constructed story over in France and we have zero intention of selling him.

When you have 6 midfielders and 3 are due to be sold (Morgan, McCarthy and Besic) and 1 is Gomes who is on loan, why the hell would Everton consider selling one of their remaining 2 midfielders? Makes zero sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back