Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Gana will be sold to pay for a January purchase of Gomes, with Mccarthy set to replace him in the team. Just got a weird feeling that it's all been kept quiet on the Mccarthy situation, because Silva thinks alot of him, but wants to get the most cash for Gueye. Why else would he be willing to let Gueye go, without a straight replacement available, when he's been one of our best players all season? Or is this just me thinking Brands is a total sneaky transfer mastermind?

Gomes wont be signed till summer.

McCarthy and Schneiderlin will be punted.

Perhaps we take the money for those 3 and sign a top playet

I think Gana is a completely media constructed story over in France and we have zero intention of selling him.

When you have 6 midfielders and 3 are due to be sold (Morgan, McCarthy and Besic) and 1 is Gomes who is on loan, why the hell would Everton consider selling one of their remaining 2 midfielders? Makes zero sense.

Gomes
Davies
Baningime
+ sign one player in Jan.

Summer sign Gomes...f

I think Gana is a completely media constructed story over in France and we have zero intention of selling him.

When you have 6 midfielders and 3 are due to be sold (Morgan, McCarthy and Besic) and 1 is Gomes who is on loan, why the hell would Everton consider selling one of their remaining 2 midfielders? Makes zero sense.

If Gana wants to go and they want to spend 50M, I guess he can go, but expect more than one others coming in. Otherwise, no chance. We are terrible without him or we are forced to play 3 CBs and well, we don't get to play Burnley every week and score on free kicks and PKs.

Gomes
Davies
Baningime

Summer sign Gomes...f

Davies is gash and Banigme hasn't played a minute all season mate.

No one knows if Gomes is 100% staying or not either so the club would be foolish to assume that.

Its a squad game and come next season we'll need a good 4-5 CM options if we qualify for Europe this season.

I just cant see Gana being sold, way too many midfielders that will be priority sales before him so I would honestly file under usual twitter gash.

Gomes
Davies
Baningime

Summer sign Gomes...f

That I CAN see happening.

Wow, that was kind of realistic for you Zat.

Thought you'd at least like my Denis Zakaria shout. But someone like that - a DM/CM. Doucoure is just too expensive I fear.

Lozano would be interesting, too.

If Gana wants to go and they want to spend 50M, I guess he can go, but expect more than one others coming in. Otherwise, no chance. We are terrible without him or we are forced to play 3 CBs and well, we don't get to play Burnley every week and score on free kicks and PKs.

PSG can only spend €20 million apparently this window mate.

I just dont buy the story but we'll see.

No one knows if Gomes is 100% staying or not either so the club would be foolish to assume that.

Its a squad game and come next season we'll need a good 4-5 CM options if we qualify for Europe this season.

I just cant see Gana being sold, way too many midfielders that will be priority sales before him so I would honestly file under usual twitter gash.

For once I agree with you.

Morgan, McCarthy should both be sold before him, hes the best CM we own.

I think Gana will be sold to pay for a January purchase of Gomes, with Mccarthy set to replace him in the team. Just got a weird feeling that it's all been kept quiet on the Mccarthy situation, because Silva thinks alot of him, but wants to get the most cash for Gueye. Why else would he be willing to let Gueye go, without a straight replacement available, when he's been one of our best players all season? Or is this just me thinking Brands is a total sneaky transfer mastermind?
I doubt very much, McCarthy is in Brands and Silva’s plans. Doesn’t suit the style of play for a start and is bang average anyway

I just cant see Gana being sold, way too many midfielders that will be priority sales before him so I would honestly file under gash.

Fair points, let's say we need 4 CM/DM types. Gana / Gomes / Beni / Davies is it right now if we move all those jokers. Obviously, that's not good enough. Davies is clueless as a DM and while I still think he has potential, he's not there, yet. I still think Silva wants the option to play with 2 DMs and keep pushing his FBs higher. We just don't have that player.

If Gana goes Wilshire likes a tackle

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back