Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
And again those 5 goals were a mirage that some people, which includes you apparently, will look at and say we should follow the model of that game as to how we should play. The problem is scoring two goals off of corners, scoring two screamers, and having the other team not try to pass a ball into midfield the whole game are things you can't rely on. Take that game for what it was, a fun day where we smashed in some goals but not a guide for the future, and move on. We obviously still have big problems.

No, when you play a team in a system that smashes 5 goals past someone you keep that team and system for the next one.

We were playing Brighton and he dropped our most creative player for a man that can't pass 5 yards and we lost. Not only did we loose we looked poor and the same against Leicester.

No, when you play a team in a system that smashes 5 goals past someone you keep that team and system for the next one.

We were playing Brighton and he dropped our most creative player for a man that can't pass 5 yards and we lost. Not only did we loose we looked poor and the same against Leicester.
That's fine if that's what you think. But if you only look at goals scored as your basis for whether a team played well or not you miss a whole lot of things that happen during a game.

And a lot less going backward. If we are going to sign someone to replace Gana we need to totally change how we play or more games will look like that Spurs game.
That's fine if that's what you think. But if you only look at goals scored as your basis for whether a team played well or not you miss a whole lot of things that happen during a game.

Not really I'm look at how the team played, I'm looking at chances created, im looking at how the team gelled together. I'm looking at how our most creative player looked better with the whole pitch in front of him playing as a number 8 and I'm looking at how bad we've been when that was changed to bring gana in.

I'm not bothered about the goals I'm bothered about the way we played without gana with siggurson next to gomes and with gana there.

You're original point was without gana we'd see more results like spurs mine is we'd see more games like Burnley. You then went on to say the spurs result was a fluke. So what is you're point if you don't mind me asking mate?

Not really I'm look at how the team played, I'm looking at chances created, im looking at how the team gelled together. I'm looking at how our most creative player looked better with the whole pitch in front of him playing as a number 8 and I'm looking at how bad we've been when that was changed to bring gana in.

I'm not bothered about the goals I'm bothered about the way we played without gana with siggurson next to gomes and with gana there.

You're original point was without gana we'd see more results like spurs mine is we'd see more games like Burnley. You then went on to say the spurs result was a fluke. So what is you're point if you don't mind me asking mate?
The Spurs performance was our worst game defensively. It wasn't 6 goals bad but it was pretty bad and Gana didn't play. I think that isn't a coincidence. The Burnley result was not our best performance creatively despite the 5 goals. I agree that we shouldn't drop Sigurdsson. I don't agree that we should drop Gana to do it.

That's all I've got really. Both games were flukey but imo Burnley was more flukey than Spurs. Overall I don't see an issue playing Gomes, Gana and Gylfi and think the problem with creating chances falls more at the feet of awful play in the wide areas Digne and occasionally Bernard aside. Which is why I'm excited Lookman is getting a chance today which hopefully he takes.

Sig actually plays better from deeper in my view too. But on the other hand he's our second top scorer and unless we play five at the back can we afford having Gomes/Sig centrally?

Apparently Chelsea want to swap Bakayoko (already at Milan on loan) + cash for Kessie.

Bakayoko shouldn't have much value, so I would THINK Kessie would cost a TON of money. He's pretty darn good.

Chelsea already has 2 players that can play DM and several CMs that, well, aren't real good, but are there.

Sig actually plays better from deeper in my view too. But on the other hand he's our second top scorer and unless we play five at the back can we afford having Gomes/Sig centrally?

I don't think so. He has no business playing deeper, it doesn't help as at all, we don't have enough players that conceptually even understand how to play behind a front line to begin with. He also is one of the few on the team that can score from distance, why on earth would we play him FARTHER away from goal?

I don't think so. He has no business playing deeper, it doesn't help as at all, we don't have enough players that conceptually even understand how to play behind a front line to begin with. He also is one of the few on the team that can score from distance, why on earth would we play him FARTHER away from goal?
The idea is so he can come from deep and take strikes and get us playing more with through balls but I tend to agree. He is best left where he is unless Gomes needs a rest then you might try Bernard in the ten with Sig behind.

Would we have a hopenof getting that Kessie from Milan?

I’ve never seen him play that I recall but remember loads on here wanted him when he was at Atalanta and saw something that Milan would let him go.

He should be super expensive as he is just critical to that team. And he is terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back