Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgrade over who exactly? Schneiderlin?

I don't think Barrios is terrible, he can pass, tackle a bit, definitely a bit of snide in him, good ball control - heavens know we could use more of that - but that's a really high price for him IMO. I think there have only been 2 or 3 transfers in the history of Boca that high. My concern is his athleticism. Is he quick? Eh, I don't think so. Strong? Eh, maybe. But I don't think he's much of an upgrade over Schneiderlin. He's also a red card waiting to happen. He can't be tackling in the PL like he does in Argentina.

If it allows them to sell Scheniderlin, McCarthy, Besic, and Barrios probably isn't going to be making close to what they were making salay-wise, maybe it makes sense. Maybe 10-15M.

Yes he’s an upgrade over a player we never use...

No you buffoon - Gana.

Nope! And why are you talking like an American unless you are one of course.
No I’m not American, I say garbage quite a lot these days unfortunately. Maybe I should have said trash. And if you don’t believe me check through my Tim Howard posts.
Anyway McCarthy is bang average and has no future, or he shouldn’t do if we want to challenge the top 6

Who told you that. He’s 22 not 18. Will never make it at Everton

...to be fair, Stephen, he has spent a long time on the sidelines with injury (a bit like Leon Osman who only broke through in his 20s). I agree, though, it’s highly unlikely Williams will be an Everton first teamer, but Silva was quoted in pre-season as particularly liking him.

Without being unkind, Williams is horrible on the pitch and lads like that can come through because they have a fearless attitude. I think he’ll make a living in the game.

It was one of those throwaway pieces in the echo over the summer where silva had apparently been quite impressed with him in training, and everyone’s taken it as gospel despite the fact we sent him in loan for a full year about 2 weeks later.
Also didn’t help Kevin Campbell raving about him on Twitter. I questioned how often he’d seen him play, like has Campbell been watching our under 18/23’s down the years or Barnsley last season.

Then it all came out that Williams and Campbell ‘s son have the same agent.

...to be fair, Stephen, he has spent a long time on the sidelines with injury (a bit like Leon Osman who only broke through in his 20s). I agree, though, it’s highly unlikely Williams will be an Everton first teamer, but Silva was quoted in pre-season as particularly liking him.

Without being unkind, Williams is horrible on the pitch and lads like that can come through because they have a fearless attitude. I think he’ll make a living in the game.
I have nothing against the lad and I hope he makes a living from the game. And I’m sure he will.
But I’ve seen enough of him down the years to know, he’s not quite good enough for us

It was one of those throwaway pieces in the echo over the summer where silva had apparently been quite impressed with him in training, and everyone’s taken it as gospel despite the fact we sent him in loan for a full year about 2 weeks later.

With a clause to recall him anytime, the only player who had said clause.

Silva himself talked about him in pre season and how he could play the number six.

He’s not had much of a chance here due to injuries, but is highly rated within the game.

Leon Osman was 23 before he made his debut here, don’t forget.

With a clause to recall him anytime, the only player who had said clause.

Silva himself talked about him in pre season and how he could play the number six.

He’s not had much of a chance here due to injuries, but is highly rated within the game.

Leon Osman was 23 before he made his debut here, don’t forget.

No one can be recalled at anytime anymore.

Reading a lot, we need this player, we need a CF, RB, CM, DCM etc and here’s my shopping list that we are never going to get.

The most important signing we need to make is a captain, someone who can grab this team by the plums and get them to start performing.

Alan Stubbs was a great example, Tiny Tim another.

No idea of whom to be honest but more important that these unproven 20 year olds from BF nowhere?

Reading a lot, we need this player, we need a CF, RB, CM, DCM etc and here’s my shopping list that we are never going to get.

The most important signing we need to make is a captain, someone who can grab this team by the plums and get them to start performing.

Alan Stubbs was a great example, Tiny Tim another.

No idea of whom to be honest but more important that these unproven 20 year olds from BF nowhere?
Alan Stubbs was a rat

- According to Marca, Everton are still interested in Barcelona winger, Malcom, who doesn’t appear to have the backing of Manager, Ernesto Valverde. Marca also report the Brazilian would prefer to wait until the summer before deciding his future.

No sporting logic to loan Malcom out, even if he was signed without Valverde's blessing - with Denis likely to be moved and Munir frozen out for not extending, there is zero depth in wide attacking positions. Can't see this happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back