Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a clause to recall him anytime, the only player who had said clause.

Silva himself talked about him in pre season and how he could play the number six.

He’s not had much of a chance here due to injuries, but is highly rated within the game.

Leon Osman was 23 before he made his debut here, don’t forget.
Let's see if we use that recall clause this month then.

With a clause to recall him anytime, the only player who had said clause.

Silva himself talked about him in pre season and how he could play the number six.

He’s not had much of a chance here due to injuries, but is highly rated within the game.

Leon Osman was 23 before he made his debut here, don’t forget.

If there is any comparison to a player and Leon Osman i think they need to be moved on haha

Upgrade over who exactly? Schneiderlin?

I don't think Barrios is terrible, he can pass, tackle a bit, definitely a bit of snide in him, good ball control - heavens know we could use more of that - but that's a really high price for him IMO. I think there have only been 2 or 3 transfers in the history of Boca that high. My concern is his athleticism. Is he quick? Eh, I don't think so. Strong? Eh, maybe. But I don't think he's much of an upgrade over Schneiderlin. He's also a red card waiting to happen. He can't be tackling in the PL like he does in Argentina.

If it allows them to sell Scheniderlin, McCarthy, Besic, and Barrios probably isn't going to be making close to what they were making salay-wise, maybe it makes sense. Maybe 10-15M.
Every single article I have read on him in the last 24 hours references his pace. Do you think he is quicker than Keane

Imagine picking Alan "in the boot Wayne" Stubbs as an example of captain material. Deary me.

Yeah, imagine!!!

At the time he wasn't "a rat" who have we got now to get in the ref's face for example, Seamus and that's it

Stick to the important job of "finding a weasel" I am sure you are a riot at parties!

Doesn't distract from the fact we don't have a leader on the pitch does it?

...to be fair, Stephen, he has spent a long time on the sidelines with injury (a bit like Leon Osman who only broke through in his 20s). I agree, though, it’s highly unlikely Williams will be an Everton first teamer, but Silva was quoted in pre-season as particularly liking him.

Without being unkind, Williams is horrible on the pitch and lads like that can come through because they have a fearless attitude. I think he’ll make a living in the game.
I have nothing against the lad and I hope he makes a living from the game. And I’m sure he will.
But I’ve seen enough of him down the years to know, he’s not quite good enough for us

Who we talking about? Can’t seem to find it anywhere

Meanwhile underneath Bramley Moore Dock, Everton are preparing a war chest rocket scenario. x
C75FDE79-A08D-4AEB-AFDA-4CCC2E59CA95.webp

Good player Osman.
Had quick feet and a good football brain, just his body wasn't really made to be a top Premier League player. His standard was about right for where we were as a club during his career.

If he was at his peak now, he'd probably be a standout player for somebody like Palace or Newcastle, which is no bad thing at all. Can't really imagine him competing with Gomes for a space in central midfield for us though.

Scored some quality goals. Larissa and Manchester City header two of the best for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back