Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find that quite ironic, considering you are overhyping those god like players we had...that won nothing.

I didn’t say they were god like. I said they would look like that in comparison to some of the poor players we have now. Those players got top 4,5 and 6 finishes. Players since then 13/14 part can’t even claim that.

I think for a CDM Brands could show us all his smarts and imagination to find us a RB/LB that will slide into the midfielder role. There will be more of a selection of energetic tacklers with a wider passing range that are disciplined enough to stay home on the front foot and cover our backs as our wing backs push forward.

Imagine something like Baines 5-6 years ago running our midfield from deep. He’d probably be starting still to this day.

I feel like someone like Danilo from city would fit well into that role. Could also see getting him on loan or a cheap sign seeing that Zinchenko is getting the starts over him.

Last edited:

....you and I are better than Dennis.

20 year old Porto Centre Back, Eder Milatio linked. I reckon Brands is making plans for Zouma’s return to Chelsea in the Summer.
Zouma has all the tools to be a top class CB but I can see why he hasn’t made it at Chelsea. He lacks that bit of intelligence great defenders have and relies too much on his size and speed. Given the money Chelsea would want for him I won’t be too bothered if he isn’t signed permanently

....you and I are better than Dennis.

20 year old Porto Centre Back, Eder Milatio linked. I reckon Brands is making plans for Zouma’s return to Chelsea in the Summer.
£45m price tag. Unlikely.
....I remember us being linked when he was playing mainly as a RB. I imagine he’s the type Brands wants but his intention is to buy them from South American source.
We’d never get a work permit for those I feel. It’s a difficult market.
...good point.

They count the transfer fee being in the top 15% of that window + wages.

If we got Militao hed definitely get a permit.

I didn’t say they were god like. I said they would look like that in comparison to some of the poor players we have now. Those players got top 4,5 and 6 finishes. Players since then 13/14 part can’t even claim that.

year true mate.

I do think we over-rate our players. Im one of the worst for it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back