Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing will happen until the last 24 hours of the window...my guess is that Niasse for sure will leave on the last day when teams are desperately looking for the striker...i guess they might be some tentative and very timid efforts from us to get a player in but as we are looking to reduce wage then might be the only outgoing with no incoming.
My fear is if we let both Tosun and Niasse go with no replacement which would not surprise me from Everton.

Just looking at the game today and i'm unsure what type of striker we need (obviously one that scores goals preferably), i'm talking about if we need a wiry fast type of player like Vardy, or the strong hold up play type like Rondon., I'm not saying sign one of these two either, just the type of player.
I think I would prefer the Vardy type myself.
I can’t see us going for a big brute up top. I think he’s going to want someone more mobile and able to interchange with the other attackers.
You guys should check out this guy called Richarlison. He's scored 9 goals in the Premier League and he's only 21 so he has room to improve. Could be the striker we need.

One interpretation of this refusal to let McCarthy go on loan is that we REALLY want to sell him.

Only three years too late.

I see it as Morgs is free to go, leaving Gana, Gomes, Davies and Jimmy Mac.If we sold both jimmy and morgs we would need another in for cover.

You guys should check out this guy called Richarlison. He's scored 9 goals in the Premier League and he's only 21 so he has room to improve. Could be the striker we need.
I’m more than happy with Richarlison making that striker slot his own mate.

I was just saying, if we do go for a striker, I don’t think it’ll be a big lump.

I’m more than happy with Richarlison making that striker slot his own mate.

I was just saying, if we do go for a striker, I don’t think it’ll be a big lump.
It really better not be. Not that it can't be a player with that kind of size but we can't throw someone up there with no ability to link up or use his feet and expect to be moving up the league.

Nothing will happen until the last 24 hours of the window...my guess is that Niasse for sure will leave on the last day when teams are desperately looking for the striker...i guess they might be some tentative and very timid efforts from us to get a player in but as we are looking to reduce wage then might be the only outgoing with no incoming.
My fear is if we let both Tosun and Niasse go with no replacement which would not surprise me from Everton.
Why fear? We don't need these two at all. Our first choice striker is Richarlison and the second one is DCL. And when considering we rarely play anything else than 4-2-3-1 formation, I don't think we need more than two strikers for 16 remaining games + our FA Cup run. Man City have just Aguero and Jesus and they also play League Cup and Champions League... Spurs also have just Kane and Llorente...

Now that Lookman is stepping up it seems a winger is less of a priority especially with Gana linked heavily to PSG.

The club knows that Gana is a fan favourite and if he’s sold we’ll need to replace him with quality. Gomes on a permanent deal should 100% be done this window but we’d need to bring someone in as I imagine Schneiderlin is off too.

Davies needs to go out on loan and play every week. McCarthy is a lost cause and should be shifted ASAP.

Not for January, but priority no 1 is two central midfielders and a striker in the summer.

Playing with high full backs, a procession game starting from the back, you need the players in the centre to hold the ball and do the ugly things as well as the creative procession based stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back