Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. Even the top teams only have 1 serious back up. I think the focus has to be on a rock solid and as high a quality starting IX as possible. Quality in the wider squad can come after. Following on from the Koeman/Walsh spending spree it looked like we had a good squad and we’ve been left with a lot of crap. Massive summer coming up and a potential 10-15 needing moved on. It may be best to go with what we have.

Keep saying, we've done it the wrong way around. We have £20m players who can't even get on the bench, and then most our first XI is the same price, instead of having 8 players at that £35m+ range (and worth it), which is what we should have done.

If I owned the club I would cry myself to sleep.

I’m not sure those figures are relevant to my post to be honest with you mate, they are old figures and what we already know. It evidences the scale of Moshiris investment that’s beyond dispute. Its the year we sold Stones and bought Bolasie, Williams, Gueye and Schnderlin. Pretty much the start of where things went wrong to be honest.

I’m not sure how relevant they are to our current situation.

I’m not sure those figures are relevant to my post to be honest with you mate, they are old figures and what we already know. It evidences the scale of Moshiris investment that’s beyond disputes. Its the year we sold Stones and bought Bolasie, Williams, Gueye and Schnderlin. Pretty much the start of where things went wrong to be honest.

I’m not sure how relevant they are to our current situation.

They arent mate, I was reading them as I saw your post and thought it was something you might find interesting, thats all really.

They arent mate, I was reading them as I saw your post and thought it was something you might find interesting, thats all really.

Good stuff, Swiss Ramble do excellent analysis. I’m a fan.

For my money we need to be saving 35 mill either a combination of sales, wages or commercial deals incoming to be breaking even.

I’m not being doom and gloom particularly, just it’s time to stop drinking the kool aide, it can be done. For example selling Niasse for 8 mill, Schnderlin for 15, Vlasicfor 15 mill etc. Would have us back to spending what we make, presuming the Mosh isn’t going to constantly fund our losses just to be in the black.

Good stuff, Swiss Ramble do excellent analysis. I’m a fan.

For my money we need to be saving 35 mill either a combination of sales, wages or commercial deals incoming to be breaking even.

I’m not being doom and gloom particularly, just it’s time to stop drinking the kool aide, it can be done. For example selling Niasse for 8 mill, Schnderlin for 15, Vlasicfor 15 mill etc. Would have us back to spending what we make, presuming the Mosh isn’t going to constantly fund our losses just to be in the black.

Its totally unrealistic to assume Moshiri will continue to bankroll us to the degree he has, he would be skint within 5 years and the whole point in him buying the club is to turn a profit.

But the fellas a madman :

"Look, we know what we need, as Evertonians we know what we need."Farhad is constantly saying: 'Get it, get it, get it'."

We do have lots of assets to sell, lots and lots, now we arent gonna be turning a profit on most of them, but as you say theres a few pennies to be gained, cut the wage bill a little by releasing the higher earners like Baines, Jags, Williams. So whilst im expecting a touch of prudence, we are certainly gonna have lots of wiggle room to make lots of signings in the Summer, IMO.

But the treasure chest has basically been burnt at the stake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back